On a lighter note... GASP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
On a lighter note... gasp!

RadioReference.com experienced their first bounced check that we've ever seen in the existing of the site.... bounced meaning someone bounced a check to us for a subscription payment.

Now, while I cannot wait to see who it was from, I won't release the details like the local dinner at my college used to do by posting the actual bounced checks on the window of the joint for humiliation purposes.

Anyway, I'll drop by the mailbox tomorrow to see what the bank has waiting for me.

In the mean time, you know who you were, and expect your premium account to be suspended shortly......

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Sorry Lindsey,
Hey wait that check that bounced was for the ticket I got driving with Mel Gibson the other day :) LOL!!! Hopefully the bank will credit you for the charges. I've got nailed a few times myself in the past - once for a car I sold - now when I say sorry no checks - I get these looks like - "what you want me to pay with cash?" You mean you actually want your money? - Uh yeah, greenbacks Babe - good ole cashola in my hand from yours. Cuz until the check does clear - you get nada. Look at my posts in for sale - paypal, cash or money order - no checks from Nigeria and if you pay via personal or biz check when I get my cash, you get your item,

That being said, for a nominal fee, I will be happy to (along with my friend Mr. Hardwood) go and visit the sinister person who obviously mistakenly issued this check in error and show him his mistake and bring your funds, any fees and interest due to you....Come on, whadda ya say:)

LOL

Joe

codyshell

oh, i can see it now. *knock knock knock* (door opens slowly) Hi. I'm Joe with the RR.com Payment Recovery Team. We're here to collect the money that you owe for a bounced check............................................ "uhhh, What check?" Don't act like you dont know. GIVE ME THE MONEY FOOL!!!!!!!!
:lol:

dangitdoug

It was probably written on a State of California account. We all know how good California politicians are at getting a budget passed in a timely manner.

jparks29

John McClane
I usually only accept gov't checks... they're always good...

I had the misfortune to accept a check from a security company a week and some change ago,for an install....

not only did they short me 150 bucks,the check bounced sky high, and THEN after not returning my phone calls for a week,they called me YESTERDAY to offer me a MEASLY 3000 dollars for my crown vic with 62K miles on it, loaded with lighting and communications.. the owner of the company is about two seconds away from having a felony arrest record courtesy of me, and he has the balls to call up and offer me a check for 3K for a car thats worth almost 5K without any radio's or lighting.....when he already owes me almost 1000 from a BOUNCED CHECK....GGRRRRRRR!!!!

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
jparks,
Did the moron actually know it was you or was he answering an ad? If from an ad I'd be like sure, why don't ya stop on down and take a look and we'll talk, then break out with the bounced check when he arrives and be like here's the deal, cash for the check or I call the PD and get you not only for the bogus check ya wrote but the bogus check ya just tried to write (they don't need a warrant for that one) and send ya to the clink. Or ya pay me for the check plus costs and stay out of dodge forever.

N

N_Jay

blantonl said:
On a lighter note... gasp!

RadioReference.com experienced their first bounced check that we've ever seen in the existing of the site.... bounced meaning someone bounced a check to us for a subscription payment.

Now, while I cannot wait to see who it was from, I won't release the details like the local dinner at my college used to do by posting the actual bounced checks on the window of the joint for humiliation purposes.

Anyway, I'll drop by the mailbox tomorrow to see what the bank has waiting for me.

In the mean time, you know who you were, and expect your premium account to be suspended shortly......

Ya, know?

It could have been an honest mistake!

(By the way, it was not me, but I just had this happen when the bank put a hold on a deposit , I assumed had cleared.)

maalox

hi... are you sure it was not crackofdawnpawn under a different name. lol

scanjunkie

N_Jay said:
Ya, know?

It could have been an honest mistake!

(By the way, it was not me, but I just had this happen when the bank put a hold on a deposit , I assumed had cleared.)

I have to agree...if it's the first one, let the person try to redeem themselves. Mistakes can happen. It's not like they were buying something at a store and took off with the item never to be seen again. They are buying something that's not tangeable...how far can they get by intentionally boucning a check??

Just my $.02

Go-24

Ill second or third that, mistakes happen. The professional move would have been to try and clear this up with the individual in private first, then if you couldnt get thinks sorted out maybe make a joke about it; nah that still wouldnt be very professional!

Radio1114

Charge you $35.00 last tiem that happened to me anyways .But that was a long time ago.

scanjunkie

blantonl said:
Ok, quick question, how many of you have had someone bounce a check to you? if you have, what do you think you bank does to you when that happens?
Understood, but if it was an honest mistake then the person would most likely reimburse you for the fees you incurred. I know I owuld if I goofed up like that. It is definitely frsutrating and your reaction to the situation is probably the way any of us would have reacted. You're a good guy Lindsay, I know you'll do what you feel is best!!

Status
Not open for further replies.