On Line Scanner Feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
www.scancolorado.com is currently feeding the following areas and departments.

Denver Metro Area:

Denver Police, Fire, & EMS:
Denver International Airport (coming soon)
Air Medical Channels and Metro Traffic:
Arapahoe County Sheriff and city police departments:
Aurora Police, Fire and EMS:
Boulder County Sheriff (http://www.bouldercounty.org/Sheriff/com/live_radio.htm)
Colorado State Patrol (Denver Metro area):
Douglas County Sheriff and city police departments:
Lakewood Police:
Northeast Metro area Police, Fire, and EMS:
Northwest Metro area Police, Fire, and EMS:
South Metro Fire/Rescue:
West Metro area Police, Fire and EMS:
West Metro Fire/Rescue:

Western:

Arkansas and San Luis Valleys Sheriff, Fire & EMS:
Estes Park Area (available at www.scancolorado.net)
Four Corners area Fire & EMS:
Garfield County Sheriff, Fire, and EMS:
Mesa County and Grand Junction Police, Fire, and EMS:
Montrose, Delta and Ouray Counties Fire and EMS (Feed 1):
Pitkin County and western Eagle County Sheriff, Fire, and EMS:
Summit County Sheriff, Fire & EMS and Colorado State Patrol:

Eastern:

Baca County Sheriff, Fire & EMS:
Colorado Springs and El Paso County Fire & EMS:
Colorado Springs Police and El Paso County Sheriff:
Elbert County Sheriff, Fire, and EMS:
Larimer County Fire & EMS:
Larimer County Sheriff:
Las Animas County Sheriff, Fire & EMS:
Logan County Sheriff and Sterling Police & Fire:
Morgan County Sheriff, Fire & EMS:
Weld County Fire & EMS and Colorado State Patrol:
Weld County Sheriff and Police Departments:

Anything else folks might be interested in us adding?

Your feedback is always greatly appreciated and most importantly kudos to all the dedicated volunteers who host our excellent feeds.

Thanks Jim<

Liverdog

I was in a public safety meeting today and I was honestly half asleep when I heard one of the swat seargents mention scancolorado.com by name... He was previously unware of the site and was down in the mouth about it. He is pushing to encrypt the entire department because, he said, it's too easy for the bad guys to listen in.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Welcome to the Police State.

Information like this ends up upsetting people.

It's really sad that this guy is slamming a site setup by a the late Brian Gould who was very passionate about what he did as a professional in EMS and public safety. Someone may want to inform the paranoid swat guy about this fact.

Personally encrypt the hell out of the swat ops but this lame excuse for justifying encrypting everything because the public might hear there is crime in their town shows no regard for community relations and adds to the public perception that their law enforcement have something to hide.

Phil.

BobWeb

Couldn't agree more. I'm all in favor of LE agencies encrypting sensitive comms to protect officer safety; heck, this site (and state group) is the only one I know of that practices self censorship for this very purpose, but leave the everyday stuff alone. For the reasons Phil mentions, it doesn't look good to close down all of it.

cl

Fremont county ems/sheriff would be nice

We have a cabin but it doesn't have electricity, so I can't host the online feed, but know number of people who would like to listen into the area.

Thanks

Thayne

Sorry, but my feeling is that putting everything possible on the internet will only accelerate feelings such as this by LE Types
Those that are interested enough should buy what they need to do what they want--

cl

What if you live in the metro area, and would like to monitor another area that you, let say have a cabin and neighbors in another county?

The online feeds all us to listen to areas we aren't physically near...

Thayne

Good point; but I have overheard several times some of the "Big Poobahs" get all worked up about streaming of comms.
I have been programming a bunch of MotoTrbo digital portables on UHF that will be used before summer to avoid "Nosy people", (Customers' words)
I don't know why, but it seemed to start when the TV stations rebroadcast an incident when some badguys were chasing a cop--

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Liverdog said:
I was in a public safety meeting today and I was honestly half asleep when I heard one of the swat seargents mention scancolorado.com by name... He was previously unware of the site and was down in the mouth about it. He is pushing to encrypt the entire department because, he said, it's too easy for the bad guys to listen in.

Curious as to what Department or town? Just so that I'm prepared. :lol:

(They have the funds?)

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server, sorry for the inconvenience.

We should be back shortly.

Jim<

Last edited:

manross

Thayne said:
Sorry, but my feeling is that putting everything possible on the internet will only accelerate feelings such as this by LE Types
Those that are interested enough should buy what they need to do what they want--

I moved from the Springs area and I'm very thankfull they included the PD for streaming. It is great to listen to my home town again without being there. It helps with the withdrawal pains....:(

Marty

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
jimmnn said:
That has moved to www.scancolorado.com and that is down for maint.

There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server, sorry for the inconvenience.

We should be back shortly.

Jim<
I still have the scandenver.net bookmarked which redirects. I also see that the forums lost several days worth of posts.. It's back up, so all's good. Thanks!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Gordon has posted

Thursday morning, around 2:15am, while I was out of town on a camping vacation, the hard disk in my server that the web site databases reside on crashed.

When I returned home Thursday evening I had the hard disk replaced and began restoring the databases. Due to a problem with the way I was performing my nightly database backups, I had to go back to an April 1st database backup.

Anyone that created an account after April 1st will need to do so again. All Private Messages and forum posts made since April 1st no longer exist.

utlchris

Gordon,

Thanks for all the hard work! Re-formatting/Re-Storing is no fun. Thank God for back ups :)

jimmnn said:
Thursday morning, around 2:15am, while I was out of town on a camping vacation, the hard disk in my server that the web site databases reside on crashed.

When I returned home Thursday evening I had the hard disk replaced and began restoring the databases. Due to a problem with the way I was performing my nightly database backups, I had to go back to an April 1st database backup.

Anyone that created an account after April 1st will need to do so again. All Private Messages and forum posts made since April 1st no longer exist.

ch40n1k

I've got some bandwidth and an analog scanner if you guys are missing something local that you'd like to add to your on-line collection. Let me know.

Scan-Denver

ch40n1k said:
I've got some bandwidth and an analog scanner if you guys are missing something local that you'd like to add to your on-line collection. Let me know.
Very little bandwidth is needed, I believe only 24 kbps upload is required for good sound which leaves the remainder of your bandwidth for internet browsing, email, and or whatever else you choose. The server in Georgia provides the bandwidth for listeners. Any agency within your coverage area that isn't already being streamed on the scancolorado.com web site is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.