BCD436HP/BCD536HP: On line streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
So, I have a 536 and I am VERY happy with it. I am considering now a 436. my question is can the 436 broadcast over the internet using a program like Proscan? If so, does it have a line out or is it all done via USB? I would like to use the 436 as a portable / feed provider for a private feed. Thanks,

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The 436 has a headphone jack. People have been able to deliver the screen data over a serial connection via the USB port, so alpha tagging would certainly be possible too (though IIRC the display/command set is slightly different from the HP1, so programs would have to be updated to take advantage of it). The command set has not been officially published for the x36, so programmers might be waiting for that before they build in support for those radios.

I successfully ran a special events feed a couple of weekends ago, complete with alpha tags, off an HP1, and despite what I said above, the 436 is close enough to the HP1 that it should be possible.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So, I have a 536 and I am VERY happy with it. I am considering now a 436. my question is can the 436 broadcast over the internet using a program like Proscan? If so, does it have a line out or is it all done via USB? I would like to use the 436 as a portable / feed provider for a private feed. Thanks,

If you want to stream audio and not text tags then any of the streaming apps will work.
If you want to stream audio and text tags then my free RadioFeed will do it.
If you want to stream audio, text tags, and have full remote control with the virtual scanner then my ProScan (release today) will do it for the 536. ProScan 436 support will be in a later version.

Audio is not carried via the USB port. I use the rear ext. speaker jack.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
If you want to stream audio and not text tags then any of the streaming apps will work.
If you want to stream audio and text tags then my free RadioFeed will do it.
If you want to stream audio, text tags, and have full remote control with the virtual scanner then my ProScan (release today) will do it for the 536. ProScan 436 support will be in a later version.

Audio is not carried via the USB port. I use the rear ext. speaker jack.

Excellent thank you.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
Say I purchase it now to try my feed Idea with my 536, will I get the functionality for the 436 when that comes out as an upgrade to what I would already have or do I have to buy a separate program?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Say I purchase it now to try my feed Idea with my 536, will I get the functionality for the 436 when that comes out as an upgrade to what I would already have or do I have to buy a separate program?

I always recommend trying it out for 30 days before purchasing. The 436 will have the same functionality. The 436 display is different so will have to work on that. ProScan is one program that works with all supported scanners so no additional license needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.