? on policies concerning ProVoice feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Let me start this by stating, quite clearly, that I have zero desire to provide any scanner feeds.

This question is strictly for informational purposes.

What is RR's policy concerning carrying ProVoice audio feeds?

Or, feeds for other NON-encrypted digital audio formats that are not supported by commercial off-the-shelf scanners?

Such as MotoTRBO, to name another one. Or NXDN.

I can see that it would probably not even be wise to carry a ProVoice audio feed. Not due to any legal implications, but simply because the departments that use ProVoice like the fact that it isn't listenable by (ordinary) scanner enthusiasts. If they found their more sensitive ProVoice talkgroups compromised
and fed to the internet, live, then it would serve as an incentive to quickly move toward encryption, and at
that point the game is over. Thus I don't think that it's at all wise to carry feeds for proprietary digital
audio formats which can't be listened in on by any commercially available scanner.

SCPD

QRT
feeds

Feeds are great til an area gets burnt by one,just like what happened in Wilmington,North Carolina.Now Encrypted! if someone needs to hear on their phone that much,buy a BCD-536HP and do it yourself.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
No problem with streaming non-encrypted audio. In fact, there's already some ProVoice feeds already.

Last edited:

abbadabbado

to the tos does it really matter the east pasco police feed broadcast pcso tac channels all the time i have contacted the feed prov to no evail. i have contacted rr to no avail so my question is does anyone enforce the tos not in pasco county fl

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
ProVoice is just a digital protocol, not encryption. Sure, some EDACS systems with analog traffic may have a few ProVoice talk groups for groups like Narcotics, SWAT, Gang, and stuff like that. That can't be broadcasted due to the terms of service. However, if an entire system is ProVoice, it can broadcasted, as long as it's not those tactical or surveillance channels. Routine dispatch, calls, and fire on ProVoice is okay. Listen to my feed. It's ProVoice.

Status
Not open for further replies.