On the audio replay mode: Is there a way that I could see the time that the audio was recorded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Good morning everybody, I have a quick question.

On the audio replay mode: Is there a way that I could see the time that the audio was recorded?

Currently I can see the "current time" (as of the time right now) when I replay the audio.
But it does not show the time when the audio was recorded.

Is there a way or a setting that this is possible?

Thank you

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Try using the UnidenWavPlayer then you download the files and can see the time as well as lots of other info.

Ubbe

There's no time information in the stored files. The file stamp in itself and the file name have the actual date but the scanners replay function does not use it. The excellent Uniden wav files player and organizer software will show the time and dates.

/Ubbe

gn32772

Premium Subscriber
I prefer the Whistler scanners over the Unidens for recording/playback. With the Whistlers, each transmission is recorded as a separate file. So when you play them back, it shows the time/date each transmission was recorded, and the duration. And you can erase only the transmissions you have listened to, and save the rest.

Is the Uniden Wav Player installed on your computer, or on the scanner? If it's on the computer, then i assume you have to transfer your SD card to the computer to listen.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Is the Uniden Wav Player installed on your computer, or on the scanner? If it's on the computer, then i assume you have to transfer your SD card to the computer to listen.

You can transfer the files, or just leave the cable connected and read / listen that way. Just depends on your style.

With the 200 you could actually transfer via Lan and FTP.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I've never understood why someone has to chime in about Whistler scanners in a "Uniden Tech Support" forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.