? on TSYS Scan Lists (PSR-500)

Status
Not open for further replies.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I have my TSYS / scan lists set up by county. When adding a TSYS from an adjoining county (same system - in this case the Colorado DTRS) to a scan list from another county, do I also have to add the system frequencies from the first TSYS or will it use the ones already programmed in for the second TSYS? Does this question make sense?

mikey60

I have my TSYS / scan lists set up by county. When adding a TSYS from an adjoining county (same system - in this case the Colorado DTRS) to a scan list from another county, do I also have to add the system frequencies from the first TSYS or will it use the ones already programmed in for the second TSYS? Does this question make sense?

As long as you link the talkgroup objects to the same TSYS, you don't have to re-enter the frequencies.

Mike

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Mike,

First off - a big thank you for Pro96Com!!!

I'm not sure I explained my question clearly - when adding a TGRP from one TSYS to the scanlist of another TSYS, will that TGRP use the System Frequencies from its native TSYS in the second TSYS or use the ones already in the second TSYS?

Thanks,

Mike

mikey60

Mike,

First off - a big thank you for Pro96Com!!!

I'm not sure I explained my question clearly - when adding a TGRP from one TSYS to the scanlist of another TSYS, will that TGRP use the System Frequencies from its native TSYS in the second TSYS or use the ones already in the second TSYS?

Thanks,

Mike

TSYS objects are not a member of any scan list. Only talkgroup objects are members of Scan lists.

A TSYS Object is scanned only if one of it's associated talkgroup objects is in an enabled scan list. Switching a Talkgroup object from one scan list to another does not change it's TSYS membership, so it will still use the same frequencies. It's possible within a single scan list to scan multiple trunked systems at the same time, depending on the scan list memberships of the talkgroup objects that are in those systems.

Mike

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone

Unless you have jumped too far away `tower wise' in the towers you've programmed into the TSYS for the TG on the CO DTRS system, IE: You want to listen to something that doesn't usually `affiliate' with anything you've got in *that* particular TSYS, all you have to do is just `associated' it with the other county's `scanlist' and you are golden. I've got several `fringe' TGs `associated' with several other county `scanlists' and have no problems with getting them to scan with either county scanlist. (Even when I might have both county scanlists turned on at the same time. [If you were to take a look at my Scanlist Listing / All Objects `tabs', depending upon the software chosen at the time, you'd see the Scan Lists column littered with multiple scan list entries associated with multiple TGs and freqs or vice-a-versa! It has saved me both a lot of space and entry time. {VB GRIN!}])

Hopefully this is close to the answer you might be wanting? IE: You do not need to add anything more to your exisiting TSYS files. The radio takes care of things for you. (PM me if you want to give me a call, since I've got a feeling that it'll be a `local' call [I've got both 303 and 970 numbers.], and I'll try and explain it a bit better.)

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
[If you were to take a look at my Scanlist Listing / All Objects `tabs', depending upon the software chosen at the time, you'd see the Scan Lists column littered with multiple scan list entries associated with multiple TGs and freqs or vice-a-versa! It has saved me both a lot of space and entry time. {VB GRIN!}])

This is what I have done and answers my question!

Thanks to you and Mike! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.