Once again, I neep help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCScanner61

I remember once posting on here about one of my scanners making this "truck" sounding noise after a person stopped talking on the scanner. It turned out to be that I needed to turn the squelch up. It works fine now. Now, I want to listen to an analog system on my Uniden 396T digital scanner and it does the same thing. The problem with that is though that It makes that loud "truck" noise again and when I turned the squelch up, the scanner sounds like the equivalent to turning the mute button on and off on a loud TV. I like how the Uniden 396T enables you to save the talk group ID's and you can switch them back and forth without having to wait until people talk on the ID before you can hold it but I can always go back to my Pro-95 and save the Uniden for digital if this problem can't be fixed.
Any help though would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

SCScanner61

I do find though that it only makes that "tv mute" sound whenever I'm moving. When I'm still, it works fine. The only problem with that is half of the fun of having a scanner is so you can chase calls!

scanbc780

Usually Lurking
JRay1670 said:
I do find though that it only makes that "tv mute" sound whenever I'm moving. When I'm still, it works fine. The only problem with that is half of the fun of having a scanner is so you can chase calls!

Chase Calls?? Is that legal in your neck of the woods or something?

Is the muting happen in regular intervals?

Status
Not open for further replies.