One For The Wife.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Looking good!

Do you have a link to where you got the EL strips of that color? I'm still using 6 of the Pro-2006 scanners (one is the Commtel COM205 version) on a daily basis, and I'm just thinking about ordering some more EL strips.

Thanks, and nice looking scanners there!

Last edited:

bberns22

Replacing a electroluminescent panel in 2006 is far more difficult than a 2021. There is no tolerance for error in cutting the panel to size given the board design (which is also more complicated to remove). You can’t let the wires put a bend on the panel as it will cause the lcd to have issues, this was a bit tricky. I also replaced the blue panel on the 2006 to the right of the 2021.

Have been buying and refurbishing scanners lately - trying to get them as close to new as possible...

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the link. I've replaced the PRO-2006 EL strips several times over their lifetime and was looking for something a little different.

Room4Me

Thought I would post a very low cost back light replacement for 2005/2005 scanners.
I found these EL pannels at All Electronics. 3 for .99 cents. I was ordering other items so I figured I would get a few to play with. The very first one worked. You can see by the photo, they are a bit narrow, but I can see everything on the screen. I suppose i could go back in and place some white card stock on the end, but its functional.

I cut it to the same hight as the original and sealed the edges with a light coat of clear nail polish. Used a short piece of hook up wire, to connect the leads.

I have a few spares if anyone wants one? I can mail one if you pay for a padded envelope and postage? That would be less expensive than shipping from All Electronics if you bought 3 plus shipping.

Its eaiser than you think to replace them. Take pictures as you go, if you need them. There are videos on line.. Simple soldering for the connections.

Mike

Attachments

• B4C07FF9-E950-4F27-8E15-519AE2961133.jpeg
    B4C07FF9-E950-4F27-8E15-519AE2961133.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.