One long ambulance ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

joen7xxx

Elko PD was just alerted to an ambulance inbound Code 3 from Denio. That's close to a 200 mile run! I wondsr why they didn't go to Winnemucca or call in an airship from Reno? Access Air is on a call meeting Wendover Ambulance 65 miles east of Elko. Busy weekend..

Last edited:

BCFlash

My guess would be the the air units from Reno either weren't available or there were weather problems along the route.

steveh552

Patient may have been to large for air evac. We had a guy locally shoot himself last year, clear weather, they called medflight, medflight arrived at the local hospital and met the EMS (the guy was bad enough they did not want to wait for the helo so they let the local ER start treatment), the helo could not fly him because of his weight and its payload, so the local EMS transported him by ground to the trama center 45 miles away.

joen7xxx

from Winnwnucca it is only 30 miles further to Reno than to go to Elko though. Very odd.

eraweeb

That's nothing... today I heard a dispatcher give a Metro officer a call at the Tropicana parking garage. Allegedly some guy was beating on a woman. He had left and the woman was being held by Trop Security.

He accepted the call, but added, "Be advised I'm coming from Searchlight!"

The dispatcher told him to continue responding because she didn't have anyone else available.

Amazing!

joen7xxx

Well I figured it out. There was a very serious accident resulting in a fatality. This was a survivor who was transported to his home town of Elko. This accident was in the newspaper tonight. There was also a large shootout in a bar resulting in 3 being shot to death in Winnemucca. The shooter was killed by a man from Reno who had valid CCW permit...Deemed justifiable by the sheriff's office.

Status
Not open for further replies.