One more Pro 96 question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedbartlett

Premium Subscriber
Hello once again board members, I need to ask one more question please. Obviously not overly experienced with this unit, (pro 96). It is second hand and I think that might be the cause of my issues.
I will tell you what I have done.
Went into bank 2, channel 200. Press pgm, enter the desired freq and then press trunk until the right mode appears (mot). Go through the next 15 channels and do the same thing. Now for the problem, it will not stop on a channel when scanning; if I go to any channel via manual I get lots of traffic (Toronto ON PD) revert back to scan and nothing. The bank setting is ok, set to on. The squelch is as low as possible as that’s the first thought I had.
I have gone through the manual and still no luck, are there any 96 gurus out there that has any idea?

DonS

I'll presume that both the channels and the bank are set to "Motorola"...

Did you program any talkgroups? If not, did you set the bank to "Open mode"? If "NO" to both, you won't hear anything while in SCAN mode, but MAN mode would give you traffic on any active voice channel.

Using the PDF manual from the RadioShack web site as a reference...
* Open vs Closed mode is described starting on page 87
* Programming talkgroups is described starting at the middle of page 39

dste

Try Manual - Program - Trunk... this is where you set the "bank" to Mot: Edacs: or Not Trunked:

Then check Func - 3 for the Normal setting. The previous user may have set it to Splinter or Table.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Thanks, was set to multi table. Still will not stop, would I need to do that for each channel?
If you are programming Bell Fleet Zone 1, you will need Win96 to set the three tables, setting multi tables (FUNC + 3 with keyboard) won't do the job.

EDIT: I not setting Bell Fleet (800 MHZ instead), then FUNC + must be set to Normal.

Last edited:

dste

If you do not see any IDs I can only presume you are not including a control channel in the bank. Manually step through the channels in the bank and verify there is an active control channel. If you require multi-table for this Bell system then you must get programming software and a cable. Keyboard entry will not let you enter a multi-table system.

No control channel - no numbers will show up in a + (open) bank.

Getting a control channel and the wrong Normal/Slinter/Table mode will give you numbers showing but no voice tracking- silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.