One-sided conversations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdquick

What's going on at least with site 8? I have the correct frequencies in and things were working fine at least up to early this morning... I'm getting one-sided conversations and officers are complaining that their radios aren't working well at all. I've set my scanner to sample all CC's on every pass to try and rule things out.

Any ideas?

ZGX

If anyone knows please share. Over the past two days, half of the time we key up we get the beep telling is we're not connecting to the system. Only been told it's a tower issue and will be worked on Monday. Not an easy feeling when the one time you key up May be an emergency.

S

screamin72

I kinda doubt radio reference will have information your radio system mantenance guys have. I know they been working on new talkgroups because periodically I will hear on a new talk group "testing 1234 4321 testing 1234 4321". Right now OKCPD Springlake has two way comms :)

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
What's going on at least with site 8? I have the correct frequencies in and things were working fine at least up to early this morning... I'm getting one-sided conversations and officers are complaining that their radios aren't working well at all. I've set my scanner to sample all CC's on every pass to try and rule things out.

Any ideas?

Sounds like they are running simplex accidentally. Their repeater could be down.

mrdquick

Thanks for all the comments and I agree it's also a safety issue along with an inconvenience for those out working and also something that should have been looked at over the weekend instead of a next working business day thing.

S

screamin72

I heard radio maintenance on some talk groups testing the radio system on Core Simulast Layer EDACS ProVoice. You should hear good traffic soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.