One sided conversations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mszabo2000

If they use encryption, it's possible the dispatcher has disabled encryption on their end but the mobiles are responding encrypted.

jonsmth

I have a Uniden 325p2, and I can hear the ambulance dispatcher but not the ambulance its self. I live in Pickaway County, any idea what the issue could be?
It seems that you may have the same situation that I have in the area I live in. The Fire/EMS dispatch is on one channel while the Fire/EMS response is on another channel. I looked at the Ohio MARCS-IP Project 25 Phase I trunking system; under Pickaway County it lists one talkgroup (39508) for Fire/EMS Dispatch and lists another talkgroup (39502) for Fire/EMS Response. I'm not sure whether the two separate channels are simulcast on non-trunked frequencies or not. In our situation where I live, the dispatch is broadcast on both the dispatch and response channels, so in most cases I still hear both sides of the conversation. I just ensure that neither channel has any delay programmed so that the scanner can immediately start scanning for the response.

lucky43113

It seems that you may have the same situation that I have in the area I live in. The Fire/EMS dispatch is on one channel while the Fire/EMS response is on another channel. I looked at the Ohio MARCS-IP Project 25 Phase I trunking system; under Pickaway County it lists one talkgroup (39508) for Fire/EMS Dispatch and lists another talkgroup (39502) for Fire/EMS Response. I'm not sure whether the two separate channels are simulcast on non-trunked frequencies or not. In our situation where I live, the dispatch is broadcast on both the dispatch and response channels, so in most cases I still hear both sides of the conversation. I just ensure that neither channel has any delay programmed so that the scanner can immediately start scanning for the response.
That could be the issue ill check and see.

northernsummit

Feed Provider
Are you listening to a alert / tone out talk group? There are some alert / tone out talk groups that are used to initially dispatch. In Summit County I hear a couple of FD dispatches that go out like this:

1. Audio on the tone out / alert TG (presumably for pagers, station overhead paging, etc)
2. Audio "simulcast" on the actual Fire frequency the squad/engine radios are on.

The other thing you might be hearing is radio to radio calls?

lucky43113

Are you listening to a alert / tone out talk group? There are some alert / tone out talk groups that are used to initially dispatch. In Summit County I hear a couple of FD dispatches that go out like this:

1. Audio on the tone out / alert TG (presumably for pagers, station overhead paging, etc)
2. Audio "simulcast" on the actual Fire frequency the squad/engine radios are on.

The other thing you might be hearing is radio to radio calls?
It was the missing talk group I added it in and all seems fine now

lucky43113

That seemed to work Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.