BCD325P2/BCD996P2: One Slow Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneBadUukha

I mentioned this in an earlier post:

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-tech-support/341582-wont-scan-multiple-systems.html

However, this warrants its own thread. My new P2 is dog slow at scanning. I also have a Uniden BCT15X, and I timed how long it took each radio to scan through two conventional systems that don't detect any transmissions. Here are the results:

BCT15X
- 2 Systems
- 107 Channels
- Delay 0 sec
- Hold 0 Sec
- P25 Wait 0 sec
- Approx cycle 1-2 sec

BCD996P2
- 2 Systems
- 19 Channels
- Delay 0 sec
- Hold 0 sec
- P25 Wait 0 sec
- Approx cycle 20 sec

The BCT15X channels are all analog, and the majority of the P2 channels are digital. I'm not sure if this is an apples-to-apples comparison, but the P2 is unacceptably slow. I've zeroed all the hold and delay times to try to reduce any lag and to make the system setups as equal as possible.

If this is a user issue, do tell. Any other input welcome. Thanks.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You are new here not sure what equipment you used to test with but I have both of the listed scanners with a lot more systems tg's and channels and neither of my 996p2's my 15x or my 15 scan that slow.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
On P25 systems it takes about 2 seconds to scan each site. The more sites you are scanning the longer it takes to cycle around. With talkgroups it doesn't matter as the scanner only scans control channels not talkgroups.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
I hate to tell you but it how you have it programmed. You are scanning the same system that has several different sites multiple times making the scanner look like it scanning slowly compared to scanning the conventional frequencies only once.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The original post said that they were both scanning conventional systems (not trunked). In that case, I'd surmise that the 996P2's squelch is turned down too low.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
The original post said that they were both scanning conventional systems (not trunked). In that case, I'd surmise that the 996P2's squelch is turned down too low.

I was going to say the same..but Upman upped me before I could reply. You have not responded back. That helps us know if we really helped or not. Greg

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I was going to say the same..but Upman upped me before I could reply. You have not responded back. That helps us know if we really helped or not. Greg

You do realize this thread has been dead for 10 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.