Online feed using a PC and SDS200. I want to provide Alpha info.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
I currently provide two feeds with 2 XTL2500s into two USB soundcards into a PC. I want to also provide alpha tags to display (possibly) talkgroup info as well as Unit ID alias's. I have a few XTL2500s at my disposal as well as an SDS200 that I can feed into the dedicated PC or a Raspberry Pi 4. Is there a way I can display talkgroup name AND UIDs or the talkgroup name? I am attempting to provide the best possible feed that I can.

Thanks,
Dave

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
This can be achieved via Proscan with the SDS200, PC only
OK. I am now using ProScan with an SDS200 feeding a PC. The ONLY place I can see the talk group alpha tag is using the Broadcastify App. Do any other apps of sites display the alph tags? What I would like to do is display the talk group name AND the UID name. I don't see a way to do this. I see an option to use the UID number but not the alias. I have the alias list in the SDS200 and it displays on the SDS200 but on ProScan it only displays the UID number. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Dave

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Assuming you're in the Source Client tab, click "Metadata Source" then select "Scanner" button. In the custom format field you can use the % options to the right (I think either %U1 or %U2 might be what you're looking for?) to customize the tag to your choosing
1677862976082.png

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
Assuming you're in the Source Client tab, click "Metadata Source" then select "Scanner" button. In the custom format field you can use the % options to the right (I think either %U1 or %U2 might be what you're looking for?) to customize the tag to your choosing
View attachment 137584
Yep. Thats where I was but will have to try the %U1 and %U2 options. How do I seperate them in the top "CUSTOM FORMAT" box? Space or ; or?
Thanks again,
Dave

wgbecks

No need to invest in an expensive scanner or tie up a PC when Boatbod OP25 can easily handle two BCFY feeds with Alpha Tags.
I've been using the Raspberry Pi 3B, 3B+, Pi-4B's to provide a number of private and public feeds for several years.

An excellent alternative to the Raspberry Pi would be something on the order of a SFF PC imaged with Ubuntu that are usually
far more poowerful and cost effective.

Last edited: