Online Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
After years of messing with radios, antennas and computer combinations I have come up with a system that hears Buckley tower, approach/departure and a few freqs for DIA.

My question basically is anyone interested in a feed from Buckley AFB? The RR rules for feeds will not allow me to put the air to air freqs for the f16 and helos. So it will just be the tower, approach and departure.

Any interest? Or would members rather hear something else in this area. I can't imagine what else I could put up on a feed that isn't already covered in this area.

Let me know.

Thanks,

David

ErikB

Feed Provider
What freqs are you hearing the air to air military stuff on, I am always trying to listen to mil air over here but have little luck. I figure those Buckley guys have to over fly Gunnison once in a while.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
David, are you able to hear DEN tower where you're at? That's one thing we're missing from our feed compliment in the Denver area.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Yep I sure do. I can now receive the tower, final control, approach and departure for DIA. In addition, I pick up the tower, approach and departure freqs (both uhf and vhf) for Buckley AFB and the tower and approach/departure for Centennial.

greenthumb

Database Admin
Yep I sure do. I can now receive the tower, final control, approach and departure for DIA. In addition, I pick up the tower, approach and departure freqs (both uhf and vhf) for Buckley AFB and the tower and approach/departure for Centennial.

My vote would be for the tower/control/app/dep for DIA. :)

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
David, wha radio and antenna setup did you find the sweetspot with?

Someone on LiveATC is feeding the local control freq's from KDEN. Anything with KDEN is going to be super busy at times =)

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
The radio I am using is a Pro-160 that I modified and filtered and finally got rid of the the interference from the computers and the fax machine..

The antennas are two j-pole antennas that I designed for the aviation band (uhf one and a vhf antenna).

They are working good now along with lmr-400 coax ... so we are up and running loud and clear finally...

greenthumb

Database Admin
Just out of curiosity, what filtering are you using on the 106?

Status
Not open for further replies.