Online P-25 Receiver (a la Broadcastify Calls)

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
So, since Broadcastify has ENTIRELY pulled the state of Arizona of their Calls, is there any online site/app that allows one to listen to specific talkgroups, like a "Tunein" for police scanners? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

INDaviation

Custom title goes here
Premium Subscriber
OpenMHZ is sort of like Broadcastify Calls. You can listen to individual talkgroups on there, granted that someone is streaming the system you want to monitor.

Reconrider

I don’t remember seeing Arizona being pulled from bcalls. Why did he do that?

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Update: Recently, I downloaded Rdio Scanner on my PC. I'm still loading in TGIDs for the RWC, TOPAZ, and the MarCo P-25 networks; however, it's telling me that I need either an API Key or Dirwatch to listen. Can anybody shed some light? When I initiate the live stream, nothing happens.

cpg178

Update: Recently, I downloaded Rdio Scanner on my PC. I'm still loading in TGIDs for the RWC, TOPAZ, and the MarCo P-25 networks; however, it's telling me that I need either an API Key or Dirwatch to listen. Can anybody shed some light? When I initiate the live stream, nothing happens.
you need to have either a scanner connected to your computer, or one of the various SDR programs that can decode the signal and push it into Rdio Scanner. It wont just work on its own

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
OK.

Is there any tuner "plugin," that can be snagged off the web, and if so, is there any way to spoof location using VPN so I could monitor, i.e., an East Coast TRS if so choose? I did download SDRTrunk, by the way, but not sure how to program the system.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
OK.

Is there any tuner "plugin," that can be snagged off the web, and if so, is there any way to spoof location using VPN so I could monitor, i.e., an East Coast TRS if so choose? I did download SDRTrunk, by the way, but not sure how to program the system.

I think you are missing how to use the SDR and programs. You can only use the dongle and program to monitor systems that are in the area where you are currently located. If you are in NYC you would only be able to hear radio communications in the NYC area, in order to hear radio communications in other locations (Phoenix, AZ for example) someone needs to have a stream setup to monitor the specific system and channels that you want to hear. Using a VPN doesn't solve your issue, all streams are available worldwide (minus a few countries that have likely outlawed it) as long there is an internet connection. There are a few streams available on broadcastify for the Phoenix, Flagstaff, & Tucson metro areas, not the calls platform but the regular site. Unfortunatly you can't choose what you are listening to, you are at the mercy of the feed provider and what they chose to include.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
I think you are missing how to use the SDR and programs. You can only use the dongle and program to monitor systems that are in the area where you are currently located. If you are in NYC you would only be able to hear radio communications in the NYC area, in order to hear radio communications in other locations (Phoenix, AZ for example) someone needs to have a stream setup to monitor the specific system and channels that you want to hear. Using a VPN doesn't solve your issue, all streams are available worldwide (minus a few countries that have likely outlawed it) as long there is an internet connection. There are a few streams available on broadcastify for the Phoenix, Flagstaff, & Tucson metro areas, not the calls platform but the regular site. Unfortunatly you can't choose what you are listening to, you are at the mercy of the feed provider and what they chose to include.
And that's why I'm not a fan of live audio feeds. You're stuck with whatever they're scanning. That's why I fell for the Calls because you could select which talkgroup you'd like to monitor (almost like a virtual police scanner :), so one could monitor Central City Pct., for instance.

And so, my friends, I am on the hunt for something that's LIKE BCalls, that I can (potentially) program on my own, and better yet, have access to on my phone.

Peace.