Only hearing one side of conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.

burning01

Hello, I have a quick question for you if you dont mind ...Im very new to digital scanners and not sure if i have mine programmed right but this is what is happening...I can hear one side of a conversation in a talk group i have programmed but i can not hear the other side

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I have a quick question for you if you dont mind ...Im very new to digital scanners and not sure if i have mine programmed right but this is what is happening...I can hear one side of a conversation in a talk group i have programmed but i can not hear the other side

Sounds like it is not in trunking mode. Always helps to post what radio and TRS you are monitoring..

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

I've moved your question to its own thread. Please start a new thread if your question doesn't fit any existing threads.

Thanks.

jfhtm350

What system are you talking about?
How many talkgroups do you have programmed in?
Is it always the same talkgroup or random talkgroups?

burning01

Its always the same talk group i use to be-able to hear all of the conversation but about 4 weeks ago it went to one sided conversation. I live in montcalm county MI ... BCD996XT

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Its always the same talk group i use to be-able to hear all of the conversation but about 4 weeks ago it went to one sided conversation. I live in montcalm county MI ... BCD996XT

Is this the system you are talking about?

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=100

Maybe your only hearing one side of the conversation because the other transmissions are encrypted. I have a local agency who's dispatcher is always in the clear and all other units are encrypted. The BCD996XT will automatically mute encrypted transmissions and continue scanning.

So you will hear only one side of the conversation (the dispatcher only)

Status
Not open for further replies.