• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Only in America on 4th of July weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey420

Heard a dispatch for police today to see a woman, about getting harrassing phone calls from a neighbor. It seems this woman passed out American Flags in her neighborhood earlier today. Later she started recieving phone calls over and over again angry that she had passed these flags out. The officer asked dispatch to repeat the problem and then went on the call.

A few minutes later he came back with 10-8, me and the caller just had a good laugh.

I would like to have my country back soon!

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
Gee, I think it's time for her to find a better neighborhood. Happy Independence Day, everyone!

Towpro

Hmmmm....wonder if the sweet lady could find a spot to stick those flags...???

I think she should hand out more of em............God Bless the U*S*A*..!!!!!!!

Jay911

There were tons of noise complaints to the police and burning complaints to the fire department last night here, during many folks' fireworks shows for Canada Day.

Some people just don't get it.

NightFox

Some people have young kids that are trying to sleep at night. I understand holiday celebrations but people have been lighting off fireworks til almost midnight around here (during the week) for the past several weeks. It gets old real fast when you have to get up at 4am.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i understand about the fire works , i`m talking about the people that got pissed because that lady passed out american flags..

USAPatriot

Around here someone comes through on about the 30th of June every year and pokes a foot- wide flag on a stick into every person's front yard in an area a few blocks square. Pretty cool and I've never heard any complaints. -Rod-

STiMULi

The other day I was at my daughters house and this lady was putting plastic flags in each persons yard stabbed through a plastic bag with some written material in it.

She did not see me and I scared her when I said "That's a nice gesture"

Then I thought to myself "Oh no... What kind of liberal propoganda is she spewing"

It turned out she is a real estate agent :)

I wished her a nice weekend...

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Old Glory

Almost every National holiday there are flags placed in my neighborhood (Los Angeles area). I am pretty sure it is usually real estate agents. Sometimes there are two or three flags.

I proudly display my Stars and Stripes every day.

Proud to be a Veteran. Proud to be an American.

Happy Birthday USA

RocketMan1

pinellasfirefighter said:
I feel the same way.. I`m also a veteran i did 8 yrs in the Army with the 2BN/7th SFG..
7 years, 3rd Squadron 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment. Go Blackhorse! HooRah!

As for the gentleman complaining about the noise, I also agree it can be anoying, and it should stop at 10:00 pm, but I just think of our heroes overseas and what they are going thru and think to myself that a little bit of anoyance for just a little while on this great holiday can and should be tolerated, too a point. Maybe I'm just being a little bias, since this is my favorite holiday, nothing says I LOVE THIS COUNTRY! like blowing up a small part of it.

What I think is the problem here with passing out the flags was, she probably did so in a prodominatly Hispanic, Arabic, etc..nieghborhood, and someone probably took it as an attack on their nationality. Too many people are rushing to this great nation to take advantage of all the great freedoms, but they don't want to embrace this country and it's symbols, I'll tell you what, if I hear one more person say "what has this country ever done for me" or "This ain't my country" after walking out of a $250,000+ house with a $80,000 hummer sitting in the driveway, I think I'll just snap!

Last edited:

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
"For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
scrawled on a C-Rats box, Khe Sanh 1967

May the lady presenting our National Ensign bask in the light first enjoyed by U.S. Marine First Lt. Presley O'Bannon as he, on 27 April 1805, planted Old Glory on the Shores of Tripoli ye those many years ago....

However, the spineless whiner who enjoys the freedoms earned by the blood of untold numbers of patriots should be ashamed of his/her selfish ignorance of the gift presented in that small flag.

elk2370bruce

jeffrey420 said:
Heard a dispatch for police today to see a woman, about getting harrassing phone calls from a neighbor. It seems this woman passed out American Flags in her neighborhood earlier today. Later she started recieving phone calls over and over again angry that she had passed these flags out. The officer asked dispatch to repeat the problem and then went on the call.

A few minutes later he came back with 10-8, me and the caller just had a good laugh.

I would like to have my country back soon!
I guess Hutch and his buddies blew the whistle on her. To them, our "cult" is practicing propaganda on the unsuspecting and gullible American public. Shame that these guys feel they have to personally attack those who disagree with them (both on the internet; but usually not in person).

STiMULi

pinellasfirefighter said:
I feel the same way.. I`m also a veteran i did 8 yrs in the Army with the 2BN/7th SFG..

2 with 1/32nd FA - Nukes
1 with 2/83rd FA - 8 inch
1 with HQ 10th - Trans Boats (yes the army has boat units :))
3 with HQ 11th ACR - at the Gap (Blackhorse)

Happy Birthday America!

DaveH

elk2370bruce said:
I guess Hutch and his buddies blew the whistle on her. To them, our "cult" is practicing propaganda on the unsuspecting and gullible
Haha..."rhutch" is not American so what does this have anything to do with?
Some people need to lighten up a bit. Anyway, to all Americans, the best
Independence Day wishes, flags and everything!

Now on the subject of blowing up small parts of things, I remember having
fun with firecrackers, but they've been more or less banned here for decades.
Are these still legal in parts or the US, or have things gone the same way...?

Dave

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
this year it seems in Florida if you have fireworks they are going to arrest you.. they made it very clear they will be enforcing the law.. what happen to the good old days when it didnt matter here. i`m gald i`m not growing up in this period of time..

DaveNF2G

Premium Subscriber
Liberalism = 2 stupid kids blow off their fingers, so 34 million other people in the same state face arrest if they obtain fireworks. (NY's fireworks history)

Status
Not open for further replies.