Only ONE department on county system received

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcleve

I just set up my new SDS100 for Manatee County Florida and set up Favorites for different types of groups. For Manatee-Sarasota County I get intermittent dispatch on conventional but on the fire/EMS groups I ONLY get Bradenton Fire on P25. I get NO other P25 fire or EMS groups. I can monitor those groups on PulsePoint so I know there is traffic.

It reads Manatee County Simulcast so I think I set it up correctly through Sentinal but I can’t understand why only ONE group is being received. And, yes, the signal is STRONG!

Help me, please!!

Ed

OldRabbit

Could the issue be bad antenna position/too long cable/high loss ?

Initially, I was very disappointed with my scanner reception (SDS200) - until I moved the antenna outside the windows. Difference: about 15 dB in signal strength. That is a really strong attenuation from my windows with heath radiation reducing coating.

Working on getting an antenna on the roof.

KO4IPV

Could the issue be bad antenna position/too long cable/high loss ?

Initially, I was very disappointed with my scanner reception (SDS200) - until I moved the antenna outside the windows. Difference: about 15 dB in signal strength. That is a really strong attenuation from my windows with heath radiation reducing coating.

Working on getting an antenna on the roof.
I have had same issues up here in Lake county, So I decided to go mobile and go over to volusia county to prove to my self that my SDS100 works correctly, and as I was pleasantly surprised it is a great buy. Now I am always checking my system types that they are turned on , in some cases that’s not always the problem I found , antenna issues are definitely a factor. In your case I don’t think it is location.

edcleve

I don't know why, but all of a sudden I am receiving everything. Hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.