Only Scanning Certain systems in Favorites List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Hi All,
I have 3 favorite lists in my scanner, one for Public Safety Conventional, one for Business Systems, and the other for federal. I have all service types on and yet some systems like state police and other counties won't scan. After I turn off the systems that will scan on the same favorites list I get "Scan Mode, Nothing to Scan".

Any ideas?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi All,
I have 3 favorite lists in my scanner, one for Public Safety Conventional, one for Business Systems, and the other for federal. I have all service types on and yet some systems like state police and other counties won't scan. After I turn off the systems that will scan on the same favorites list I get "Scan Mode, Nothing to Scan".

Any ideas?

Check the "nothing to scan" checklist on page 78 of your owner's manual, also at this link here:

or in the RR wiki here:

Last edited:

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Maybe they're setup for location based scanning and are out of range? (or the scanner thinks they're out of range). Do you have Quick Keys assigned? Are they turned on?

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Maybe they're setup for location based scanning and are out of range? (or the scanner thinks they're out of range). Do you have Quick Keys assigned? Are they turned on?
Yes, all have quick keys and are turned on. No avoids are on at all

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Are you good with Sentinel? Maybe archive all your programming, then delete the Fav Lists from Sentinel, then read from the radio back into Sentinel. Then take a close look at the programming for the problem systems. Maybe something got set wrong accidentally from the radio keypad while you were doing something. Sentinel gives you another window into how things are setup. You can see more at a glance. Just a thought.

KD7QQQ

I've had similar issues with ProScan.
Did:
Modify favorites in ProScan... Write to scanner... Some systems not working.

Then did:
Modify favorites in ProScan... Write to scanner... read into Sentinel (changing nothing)... Write back to scanner (changing nothing)... everything works as expected.

Don't know why it works sometimes, and not others. If something doesn't seem to work after using ProScan, I do the Sentinel read/write to fix it.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've had similar issues with ProScan.
Did:
Modify favorites in ProScan... Write to scanner... Some systems not working.

Then did:
Modify favorites in ProScan... Write to scanner... read into Sentinel (changing nothing)... Write back to scanner (changing nothing)... everything works as expected.

Don't know why it works sometimes, and not others. If something doesn't seem to work after using ProScan, I do the Sentinel read/write to fix it.

If it happens again, I would compare the system and site options in ProScan and Sentinel or at the file level using a comparing program such as WinMerge. You also can send me the Favorites in a zip format so I can see if any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.