Status
Not open for further replies.

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
I have been having issues with Montgomery County, MD talkgroups for the past 24 hours or so in which only some transmissions are showing up while others aren't. (Takoma Park Police A12 Dispatch and M-NCPPC Park Police B16 Dispatch) For example, an officer will acknowledge that he/she has received the call for service, yet the call for service will not go over. I have tested it with by BCD996P2 and have noticed it's an issue only for Broadcastify and not my scanner. Additionally, I noticed the talkgroups have gone out at a certain time (around 12 AM the past two nights and tonight at 10:40 PM) for several hours. I also confirmed with my BCD996P2 that that's only happening on Broadcastify. The talkgroups I am having trouble with are: A12 Takoma Park Police 1 (also channels W7 and 73G)/Law Enforcement - Municipal Police Group Calls Live and A12 Takoma Park Police 1 (also channels W7 and 73G)/Law Enforcement - Municipal Police Group Calls Live
Thanks,
Vilis

Reconrider

Broadcastify streams are volunteer hosted. You would need to contact the feed provider and talk to them about it.
More than likely they know and can’t do anything because of the location they reside in or around.

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
That's because I am working on making changes to support the new system. Sorry for the hassle it's caused. I tried to get it back to playing nice this AM.
Thank you, it is working great now! Look forward to listening on the new system soon! Do you upload the scanner audio for all the talkgroups in Montgomery County or just Takoma Park Police and M-NCPPC Park Police?

HarryWilly

So everything gets sent up that's not encrypted, Broadcastify filters based on what is allowed to be broadcasted per the rules. I previously asked how this is determined. If you look in this thread, you will see which ones are permitted. So if the talkgroup in the database table is not a tag that is on that list, it won't be broadcast.

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
So everything gets sent up that's not encrypted, Broadcastify filters based on what is allowed to be broadcasted per the rules. I previously asked how this is determined. If you look in this thread, you will see which ones are permitted. So if the talkgroup in the database table is not a tag that is on that list, it won't be broadcast.
Ok, so I see they don't allow Law-Tac but they allow Fire-Tac. Strange. I was asking in reference to the talkgroups that are marked blue on the P16 Radio Reference page, (see screenshot below) are you the one who broadcasts those as well?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 12.51.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 12.51.13 PM.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 11

HarryWilly

The blue ones are linked to the call ingest page, so if it's being uploaded from Trunk Recorder they will appear there. With everything going on I would not be surprised if that's what is causing the issues you are referring to.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so I see they don't allow Law-Tac but they allow Fire-Tac. Strange.

Not strange at all, Law Tac usually involves undercover or ongoing incidents that may be sensitive in nature, while Fire Tac are fire/rescue scenes that aren't sensitive. It's meant to protect law enforcement as much as possible and minimize the risk of future encryption.

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
Not strange at all, Law Tac usually involves undercover or ongoing incidents that may be sensitive in nature, while Fire Tac are fire/rescue scenes that aren't sensitive. It's meant to protect law enforcement as much as possible and minimize the risk of future encryption.
Oh ok, that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.