only these 13 freqs for all of rke cnty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitto

Roanoke County (Project 25) Trunking System, Roanoke, Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

fire, rescue squads and police in roanoke county share only 13 frequencies all of the time? heck roanoke city has scores of frequencies. sometimes i don't get all the information when i am scanning roanoke county, sometimes its garbled, sometimes so much static and loud i have to lock-out. seems the digital doesn't have the best quality or are my settings wrong somewhere?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It sounds like you may not understand trunking very well, from the tone of your question. It would also be helpful if we knew what software - if any - you are using to do the programming.

You can start by reading the 'trunking basics' and 'tutorial article' (which is a PDF) found in the overview section of the Trunking wiki (anything in blue is a link). Float your mouse over Wiki in the blue toolbar under the Scanner Master ad, and select Trunking at the bottom of the pulldown. From your description, I'd say you have this system programmed conventionally, rather than as a trunk. It would also be most helpful if we knew what scanner you are using. After that, folks can answer about getting settings to clear up the garble.

73 Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.