Onondaga 911 Talk Group 201

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCN

Premium Subscriber
Why are the Onondaga County Fire dispatches on talk group 201? Very slow talk by a women dispatcher

sav1350

Premium Subscriber
Onondaga County is testing automated dispatching by Locution. I believe this is the specific product Radio-based Fire Station Alerting from Locution Systems

It appears they have been testing County Fire on TG201, County EMS (so far only NAVAC that I have heard) on TG202, and City Fire on TG203. They seem to test it for a while, turn it off, and then turn it back on and test some more. This is the longest period of time that I have heard it on for.

I believe the plan is to switch to this on Fire/EMS primary dispatch channels by sometime in late 2014 or early 2015. At a lot of other larger areas already do something similar. Basicly, initial dispatch is sent out by the automated voice over the radio and then the dispatcher takes over for other communications. I do not know Onondaga County's exact plan but I would imagine it is similar. I have to say though, for an automated voice, the pronunciation of street names, agencies, and common place names is pretty good. I'm told they are actively refining it. So you may stop hearing it for a while or it may changes some.

Status
Not open for further replies.