Onondaga County -Central New York Interoperable Communications Consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrivateFlyer

Has anyone figured out what Talkgroup 55 is in Onondaga County? I've been listening for 2 years, it's not listed and always encrypted. Starting to drive me crazy !!!

Thanks --

sav1350

Premium Subscriber
53 is "State TAC." It used as a Tac channel by NYSP. I thought I had submitted it to the DB but I guess not. I'll have to remember to do that.

93 appears to be Onondaga Co 911. I have heard them talking about Radio/CAD upgrades before on 93. Not sure if its just for Technical Services or all 911 Administration. I have only ever heard traffic on it once.

alphaacres

Premium Subscriber
Thank you sav1350 for help with those talk groups .

as for the encrypted talk group 55 could that be a CID channel?

sav1350

Premium Subscriber
It certainly could be. I believe most of the units I have seen on that on that TG don't seem to show up on any of the MRD dispatch channel much and all seem to be OCSO. I think I had seen some city units on there before as well.

Any one have luck with TG 56-59 and 120?

Last edited:

sav1350

Premium Subscriber
Also saw new TGs 201, 202, and 203 pop up today. Looks like Onondaga 911 Center units. Didn't get a chance to catch any audio on them.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
Picking up a off-network channel ( 458.8875 156.7 PL ) mention of Route 173 & Palmer Rd (in Manlius ?)

Odd that I am picking them up from Hastings in Oswego County. From what I understood, off-network was 4 - 5 watts max.

Sounds like they are getting someone unstuck or out of a ditch and using this channel as traffic control. Heard mention of "Channel 4."

Night_Watchman

Premium Subscriber
Rte 173 and Palmer Rd is at one of the highest points in the county, so I'm not surprised that you're hearing them in Hastings, even if they are using portables on a simplex frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.