Onondaga County Public Safety Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I am interested in finding out why I can no longer get the Public Safety feed from Onondaga County.
The standard advice for this is to contact the feed provider directly rather than posting in open forum. There is a button on the Broadcastify page for that feed for that exact purpose.

scan1806

I believe they are trying to use the MDT,s more they seem to be dispatching the unit numbers then say I'm sending the info to your MDT so the public cant hear what is going on,

n6hcm

Premium Subscriber
i'd like to be able to listen directly (i'm moving to syracuse in a few weeks) but i can't find frequencies ...

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
It appears the Fire feed is still up. It could be possible the feed provider decided he no longer could provide the feed. I have multiple feeds but only one goes to RR. There is no reason anyone needs to feed to the world. On the flip side it does cost money to have a feed and keep it running. I spent about $500 to set it up.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
I dispatched up at the 9-1-1 Center from 2001 to 2007 and then again in 2009 (than moved to South Florida) but before I moved we were starting to have the units dispatch themselves and we acknowledge them and/or we give the basic info and send the rest to there computers. Apparently that is still in effect. I'm trying to incorporate that down here in West Palm Beach but change is slow. I guess that's why they call it "the slow south". On a side note up there they had a scroll bar that gave unit status updates so units could show dispatch enroute, onscene, and in service (to name a few) via there computers and we just acknowledged them. Would love to do that down here to cut down on radio traffic.

I believe they are trying to use the MDT,s more they seem to be dispatching the unit numbers then say I'm sending the info to your MDT so the public cant hear what is going on,

Status
Not open for further replies.