onslow county fire radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattw118

Hi, I'm new to this forum. My inlaws live in Onslow county. I visit there 2 times a year. I bring my scanner along to listen in. My questions are; on 155.880 (Dispatch) When there is a call i can receive the far away departments like they are on a repeater. Whoever, it doesn't have that classic repeater carrier delay. The close departments (i'm in the bear creek area) don't seen to to receive like that. it sounds like a normal 2 way radio. Is there some type of repeater system? My second question is this; where is the transmitter located? My scanner have a signal strength meter and it gets burried. I even get almost a full signal with the antenna off. thanks for your time. Matt, Rochester, NY

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Couple of things.

First welcome to Radio Reference there is a wealth of info here. Take some time to go through it's various resources. And despite what it sounds like I am saying below, don't hesitate to ask questions.

Some learning curve points here.

Second, please don't double post either in the same forum or in different forums. It confuses things. The admins are good about catching most and will either close one of the posts or merge them together. Now occasionally, the system will do a double post in the same thread on its own, but usually the times are within a minute of each other.

Third, when you do post, especially an area specific question, you will find you get a better response if you post in that state's forum. Unless one lives nearby, one probably does not know where Onslow county is (I don't). Or if you are asking about a fairly common county name (like Houston or Santa Cruz), you may get an answer for a state you are not looking for.

Last, Radio Reference has one of the best (I'd say the best) data bases around. It may be daunting the first few times you use it, but it is a great asset. With the latest updates Lindsey has put in, finding a specific county is a couple of clicks and a bit of scrolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.