onslow county fire radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattw118

Hi, I'm new to this forum. My inlaws live in Onslow county. I visit there 2 times a year. I bring my scanner along to listen in. My questions are; on 155.880 (Dispatch) When there is a call i can receive the far away departments like they are on a repeater. However, it doesn't have that classic repeater carrier delay. The close departments (i'm in the bear creek area) don't seen to to receive like that. it sounds like a normal 2 way radio. Is there some type of repeater system? My second question is this; where is the transmitter located? My scanner has a signal strength meter and it gets burried. I even get almost a full signal with the antenna off. thanks for your time. Matt, Rochester, NY

RESCUE4NFD

Onslow County

If your referring to Onslow County,North Carolina you might want to ask your question in the North Carolina form...Hope this helps

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Two things. Onslow County fire is on a repeater. However some department never swithed over and used it so they are on simplex. The transmitter is located in Jacksonville at the EOC. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.