Onslow County Sheriff Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Has OC Sheriff changed frequencies.Have not listened too much recently but now I no longer get anything on 155.5650. Like to keep up with local activity in North Topsail Beach and surrounding areas. Looking for any information or new frequencies. Thanks. Jack

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
There is a full-time patch of the 155.565 repeater to the Onslow County 800 system. It is digital and the talkgroup is 5776(DEC) / 169(HEX).

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Hey Rescue161,
Thank you for that info. I am pretty technically challenged so maybe you can help me a little more.

How do you program the digital talkgroup 5776(DEC) / 169(HEX). on a R/S Pro 96 scanner?

I know how to enter the individually frequencies but am ignorant of "Talkgroup" programming. Any help would be appreciated..... at your convenience. Thanks again.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
The easiest way to do it is to use some sort of software to program the radio. To me, there are just too many parameters that can be overlooked when programming a trunking radio system when doing it manually. The software gives you an overview so you can can catch errors.

You have to input this system: Jacksonville / Onslow County Trunking System, Jacksonville, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

You only have to enter the control channels. You can just scan in search mode to find new talkgroups. I got rid of my Pro-96 years ago, so I can't remember how to program it by hand. I used a program called Win96 and it was pretty easy. There are other programs out there too, some of which are free.

Trunked Radio Systems - The RadioReference Wiki explains trunking.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Trunked Programming

Thank you Rescue161,

Great info! Software definetly seems the way to go.

I have had this R/S Pro 96 for many years and I supposed it is really about time to upgrade.

Got any recommendations on best Handheld Scanner to invest in nowadays? Thanks again.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I would not buy another scanner; the Pro-96 will do just fine. Viper just went through rebanding here a couple of weeks ago, so you'll have to use a custom table when entering in thier systems. The Onslow system, although rebanded, still works using the old standard 800 MHz tables.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again, I found the ARC96 Software online and I think I am going to order the Disc and the Cable so we can do this programming more efficiently.

Not sure if the software will take care of the VIPER system or not.

I have entered lots of frequencies from Radio Reference on the 10 different Bands and every once in a while I hear a call, probably from NCSHP, that says "On VIPER". Thanks again.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Yes, the software will allow you to program in the Viper 800 systems a lot easier.

The info to enter in the custom tables for the Viper system is:

Low - 851.0250 / High - 854.0000 / Step - 25kHz / Offset - 440
Low - 851.0125 / High - 868.9875 / Step - 25kHz / Offset - 0

Once you have that, you'll be golden.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I have never tried to monitor the Base. That should be interesting. Wonder if I will have enough channels to handle all this new stuff. Only have 10 bands x 50 Channels each. All of this has been very helpful. Thanks again Scott.
Jack

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Yes, you'll have plenty of room. If I remember right, that scanner has virtual memory, which allows a lot more than 500 channels. I think they were call "V" folders, or something like that. The base is all analog, inluding PMO (Base Police), Fire, EMS, etc. There are 4 control channels and 406.350 is active right now. If you tune to that frequency and hear what sounds like a diesel truck, then you can hear the base voice traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.