Onslow County

Status
Not open for further replies.

w4rez

Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
224
Location
Acworth, GA
Does anybody have lists of the various 10 and dispatch codes in use in Onslow County?

It sounds like the 10-code that Jacksonville PD uses is a combination of APCO and Charlotte PD. They also use "signal" codes that I am not familiar with.

To confuse things further, Onslow County SD sounds like they use 4 digit codes for different types of calls, and Onslow County EMS uses 4 and maybe 5 digit alphanumeric codes for different types of calls.

Do any of you guys have these?
 

w4rez

Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
224
Location
Acworth, GA
Also...I just observed a talkgroup in use on the Jacksonville/Onslow trunked system that's not listed here: 52368. Started blaring telemetry nonstop about 1AM and is probably still blaring it.
 

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
7,106
Location
Raleigh, NC
w4rez said:
Also...I just observed a talkgroup in use on the Jacksonville/Onslow trunked system that's not listed here: 52368. Started blaring telemetry nonstop about 1AM and is probably still blaring it.
Please submit it to the RR.com database...that way we can keep the info updated!
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR
 

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
Joined
Mar 28, 2004
Messages
355
Location
Richlands, NC
w4rez said:
Also...I just observed a talkgroup in use on the Jacksonville/Onslow trunked system that's not listed here: 52368. Started blaring telemetry nonstop about 1AM and is probably still blaring it.
What kind of scanner are you using? In 2 years (to include today) I have never noted any telemetry talkgroups on the Onslow County system. Not saying it does not exist, just have a hunch on that TGID....

Cheers
 

w4rez

Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
224
Location
Acworth, GA
Robbyboy said:
What kind of scanner are you using? In 2 years (to include today) I have never noted any telemetry talkgroups on the Onslow County system. Not saying it does not exist, just have a hunch on that TGID....

Cheers
Radio Shack Pro-2052 analog. It could very well have been a digital transmission since I'm not familiar with how the sound nor what the bitrate of digital is. It sounded much like some sort of 4800 baud telemetry to my (half deaf) ears, however.
 

BryanTheRed

Rotor Guy
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
325
Location
Concord, NC
w4rez said:
Does anybody have lists of the various 10 and dispatch codes in use in Onslow County?

It sounds like the 10-code that Jacksonville PD uses is a combination of APCO and Charlotte PD. They also use "signal" codes that I am not familiar with.

To confuse things further, Onslow County SD sounds like they use 4 digit codes for different types of calls, and Onslow County EMS uses 4 and maybe 5 digit alphanumeric codes for different types of calls.

Do any of you guys have these?
Having worked EMS & Rescue there for 4 years let me see if I can help you. The 10 codes are standard 10 codes! JPD who knows, I never could get those down they have some wierd signal codes. OCSD uses the 4 digit NCIC codes, good luck finding those, I think I have a copy somewhere. OCEMS uses EMD codes you can find those online, just remember they updated to the newer EMD codes about 6 months ago! Hope this helps.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top