Ontario Fleetnet - Zone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello:

I live in Waterloo, Ontario and I presently have the Cedarwoods and the Woodlawn Sites set up in my BC996XT. Can any other sites be received in this area? On occasion I have tried Stratford and Woodstock without success. I am just using the back-of-the set whip antenna.

Any input regarding your experience would be great.

Thanks and have a good day!

Last edited:

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Get an outdoor antenna and guaranteed you probably would.

Hello:

I live in Waterloo, Ontario and I presently have the Cedarwoods and the Woodlawn Sites set up in my BC996XT. Can any other sites be received in this area? On occasion I have tried Stratford and Woodstock without success. I am just using the back-of-the set whip antenna.

Any input regarding your experience would be great.

Thanks and have a good day!

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500FD/V10a Teleca/Q7.1 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Maybe Brantford if you have a good antenna. I use the antenna that Torontokris mentioned. Good bang for your buck but it isnt designed for the fleetnet frequencies. I think a quarter wave antenna is good. I find that the one I got for fleetnet, a Larsen, kicks the SMA3's butt.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
which larsen antenna did you get?
yes the ks3 is definitely more a bang for the buck antenna rather then an all out high end performer.

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500FD/V10a Teleca/Q7.1 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Maybe Brantford if you have a good antenna. I use the antenna that Torontokris mentioned. Good bang for your buck but it isnt designed for the fleetnet frequencies. I think a quarter wave antenna is good. I find that the one I got for fleetnet, a Larsen, kicks the SMA3's butt.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
which larsen antenna did you get?
yes the ks3 is definitely more a bang for the buck antenna rather then an all out high end performer.

Kris.

The catalogue (item) # is NMOQB

Base/WhP 136-512

MHz .070 DIA WHIP

I got it at Lakeshore last year. It rocks Fleetnet, out performs the KSAMA 3.

Actually, I took my KSMA to work today and compared it to my homebrew TV antenna for fleetnet that I contructed myself with my wife (her job involves putting together antennas and surveillance equipment like this, slicerwizard style) and I think my rabbit ears out performed the KSMA even on 800 Meg.

Status
Not open for further replies.