Ontario North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner71

Hello, I just wanted to do a shout out to see how many people are here from Northern Ontario? I hail from a town 3 hrs. north/east of Thunder Bay. I know people do not like to share with others that they are into scanning but I am curious if I am alone here. I want to be able to talk with someone about scanning, a short time ago everyone in my town owned a scanner, now I do not know. Just curious, lets tell everyone where we are from, I'll start, Geraldton.

jake7

Hi Patrick,I saw your post to-day. I am a fellow Northerner from Sudbury.I just joined this morning and I am back into scanning having purchased the handheld GRE PSR500.The reviews on this Scanner were quite good making my purchase easier.As far as Scanning is concered I think that scanning is a fantastic Hobby.I like to be informed about what is going on out their.Having a scanner is opening up news that We as listeners would not likely here about in the news etc. Have a great day!

martyjess

northern ontario

where are you exactly in northern ontario? 3 hours from thunder bay, is that sudbury?

bglatour001

Zone 3 - Temiskaming Shores... Tons of action here...

P.S.... OPP can be heard on their UHF repeater frequencies without a APCO-25 scanner... All their communications over the vehicular repeaters are analog..

BCD396XT, Puxing 328 VHF, Wouxon KG-UVD1P V/U Dual Band, Icom IC-A3 airband, and multiple Relm WHS150 VHF's....

bglatour001

FleetNet Zones

I downloaded all the FleetNet Zone maps before they were removed.. If anyone needs them I'll gladly email or post them...

B

BCD396XT, Puxing 328 VHF, Wouxon KG-UVD1P V/U Dual Band, Icom IC-A3 airband, and multiple Relm WHS150 VHF's....

mbrewer

Also so from Temiskaming Shores. (New Liskeard). Plenty of action here in Zone 3

rc1990

Microsoft Streets and Trips

I downloaded all the FleetNet Zone maps before they were removed.. If anyone needs them I'll gladly email or post them...

B

Do you mean the one made in Microsoft Street and Trip? If so, do you have them as an image or the actual Microsoft Streets and Trips files?

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
Its so lonely down here in Trenton...................Hey, TBay is a great area, been up there a few times on my m/c.......is most of your listening done on the Fleetnet system?

Gary

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
will be in trenton in next few weeks

make sure you bring your scanner, good listening to the C-17's and Herc's and the occasional F-18 at the base. just park on RCAF road or Whites road for a really good view of the airfield. New York State Police are picked up also when active. Belleville Police are good (all analog systems) and of course zone 2 on the fleetnet system is good. If you have any questions or need any info just send me a message and i will do what i can to help.
Gary

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, to butt in on this thread, but to correct your below statement. Belleville PD/FD are both P-25 not, Analogue.

make sure you bring your scanner, good listening to the C-17's and Herc's and the occasional F-18 at the base. just park on RCAF road or Whites road for a really good view of the airfield. New York State Police are picked up also when active. Belleville Police are good (all analog systems) and of course zone 2 on the fleetnet system is good. If you have any questions or need any info just send me a message and i will do what i can to help.
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.