Ontario Only Frequency Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary123

this is a spin off on something discussed in another thread.

This almost makes me wonder if it might be a practical thing to make a Ontario wiki/xml spread sheet of freq assignments only. TAFL is ok but so much is missing from it, or its so hard to navigate that it is almost useless. I remember Haruteq and something like a digital version may be what is needed? The wikis here are excellent and way better for identifying users on systems and some major local users. What is missing is the huge quantity of small users using LPU, GMRS, and even regular band plan freqs.

My general idea is to have one line entries with the freq, modulation type P25/DMR/ PL, actual user name location or area of operation and closest or correct city of operation.

A typical entry would look something like this???

151.055 - 136.5 - Joes Plumbing and Donut shop - 123 Canada St - Toronto
151.055 - CSQ- Petro Canada Gas Bar -no address- Tavistock
151.070 - DMR - Unknown factory - near Ontario and Manitoba St - Barrie
151.085 - NXDN- Channel 4 RR trunking system site 3 - - Mississauga

As said above we dont need to have individual users on trunked systems. The wikis already have that and in a perfect format all we may want is just the RF info.

There are enough members here to be able to make a very useful document listing a lot of the small time local users like farms, landscaping simplex businesses etc. We already have the info in our scanners or files it would just be a matter of compiling it.

Opinions

mciupa

mbstone99, used to have an Unidentified Frequency List back in the old days.

I wonder if he could help set up a Google Doc using his set up as a template that we could share and download as a group here.

Hope you read this Matt! :)

highstupid

Banned
I have kind of the same thing but I have separate spreadsheets for DMR P25 and analogue. It’s been a few months since I edited it and it’s mostly local to Wellington County and whatever I could pick up around my house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mbstone99

mbstone99, used to have an Unidentified Frequency List back in the old days.

I wonder if he could help set up a Google Doc using his set up as a template that we could share and download as a group here.

Hope you read this Matt! :)

That's a good idea.. I have a bunch of unknown frequencies that I haven't had any luck identifying yet either. I actually never played with Google Docs but I will see if I can figure a way to organize this so it looks decent.

Maybe heading something like this?

Frequency
City Heard in (If Unknown) or City (If Known)
Address (If Known)
System Type (Analog Conventional, LTR, Motorola, P25, DMR, NXDN, IDAS, etc)
PL/DPL (For Analog)
System ID (For DMR Con+/NDXN/IDAS)
Color Code (For DMR)
LCN (if there is one)
Other Info (Any other info not covered)

Any others should be added or one of these removed?

Matt

mciupa

Doesn't have to be Google Doc. It can be anything that we can all edit, even a Wiki page here, since we all visit the site. :)

I think your headings cover it all.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Iv had a google doc for years for a few people to share
Fleetnet radio id's and talkgroups
OnQue confirmed groups and possible groups along with radio id's
All the different DMR trunked and non systems around
NXDN and P25

Use tabs at the bottom for the different systems tagged by the system name or system ID number
Nice thing is when someone makes an edit you can see what they changed/added

For trunked systems i use GREY as confirmed user. YELLOW as unknown with a little description of what iv herd on that group
Notes are for radio ID's

Thats the nice thing with the google doc is having the colours for specific things

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 604
  • Captur1e.jpg
    Captur1e.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 597

VE3JSO

Iv had a google doc for years for a few people to share
Fleetnet radio id's and talkgroups
OnQue confirmed groups and possible groups along with radio id's
All the different DMR trunked and non systems around
NXDN and P25

Use tabs at the bottom for the different systems tagged by the system name or system ID number
Nice thing is when someone makes an edit you can see what they changed/added

For trunked systems i use GREY as confirmed user. YELLOW as unknown with a little description of what iv herd on that group
Notes are for radio ID's

Thats the nice thing with the google doc is having the colours for specific things
So scps is Ip site connect

Muxlow

Super Secret
Were at one point. Not sure if they are anymore as they have changed the radio system so much due to a billion issues

gary123

I like all the input. MBstones listing in a format like muxlows would just about be what i was thinking of.

to make it easy to import listings the format should be simple to import such as ; or Tab deliniated or similar. Perhaps the doc can be set up to link to the wiki for TGs or other existing databases here for items like RIDs etc.

mbstone99

I think I will go with Google Docs as it seems to be more flexible and you can color code the listings, etc. I will play with it this weekend and see if there is a way to link it to the wiki.. but I think maybe we should keep this to unknown frequencies only as adding others possibility would make it repetitive to where is already in the DB.. The only ones that could be listed that are in the DB are ones that originally where unknown and been verified and linked to the appropriate page in the db/wiki.

Matt

mciupa

If this thread becomes popular, I can "sticky" it to the top of the Ontario forum for better visibility and editing by the members. :)

gary123

mbstone: very nice.

That is what I was envisioning. I wouldnt mind adding in known freqs as well as unknown. Trunking systems freqs should be limited to just the location and tower Id no Tg info as that is already in the wiki.

eg

141.450; Kitchener; Hiway7/8/401; P25 Phase I Trunked; ; 782D; ; ;Fleetnet Zone 1 Tower 003
141.720; Kitchener; Hiway7/8/401; P25 Phase I Trunked; ; 782D; ; ;Fleetnet Zone 1 Tower 003
142.050; Kitchener; Hiway7/8/401; P25 Phase I Trunked; ; 782D; ; ;Fleetnet Zone 1 Tower 003

The reason for adding in known freqs is that members can quickly see if the unknown user they are hearing has been identified by others or if what they are hearing is a 'new' unidentified user.

mbstone99

That is what I was envisioning. I wouldnt mind adding in known freqs as well as unknown. Trunking systems freqs should be limited to just the location and tower Id no Tg info as that is already in the wiki.

eg

141.450; Kitchener; Hiway7/8/401; P25 Phase I Trunked; ; 782D; ; ;Fleetnet Zone 1 Tower 003
141.720; Kitchener; Hiway7/8/401; P25 Phase I Trunked; ; 782D; ; ;Fleetnet Zone 1 Tower 003
142.050; Kitchener; Hiway7/8/401; P25 Phase I Trunked; ; 782D; ; ;Fleetnet Zone 1 Tower 003

The reason for adding in known freqs is that members can quickly see if the unknown user they are hearing has been identified by others or if what they are hearing is a 'new' unidentified user.

What I could do is have a separate sheet for stuff like this.. but it will all still be under the same google do.. might be more organized that way.

Matt

mbstone99

eg

Hey Gary.. I made a second sheet off the main one.. Could you populate it with some known frequencies that you have.. and if there are any headings that i should add let me know.

Matt

gary123

I can compile a list of my known freq for the kitchener area. I dont use google documents much but I can create the list in xml if that can be imported to google.

It is a bit of a time consumer to create such a list so I only want to do it once. I also can post the .xml so others can use it as a template.

mbstone99

I did a bit more work on the spreadsheet today and I added two more columns, one is for the submitter's name and the other for the date heard. I also created a separate Colour Code page for the System Type. Right now all I have listed is DMR Conventional, DMR Connect+ and DMR Cap+ but what other types should I add. One I will add would be analog but what NXDN/IDAS/P25 modes should I create a colour code for?

Also to the person that added the frequencies for the Rexdale area could you update the info for the two new columns.. for the name you could use a nickname or something similar.

For anyone else who wants to add frequencies to this list you can request access and I will get the notification in my Gmail and approval you. If you can too just let me know here that you requested access for I know who requested it.

Matt

mciupa

Also to the person that added the frequencies for the Rexdale area could you update the info for the two new columns.. for the name you could use a nickname or something similar.

Matt

That would be me. :p

I'm Rexdale proud and have nothing to hide, so I will use my RadioReference user name. :)

I don't take notes, just Quick Save as I go, the monitoring took place from the Summer to Fall of 2017. I'll edit it later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.