Ontario Winter Games

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
What's some systems to watch out for something like this? Many of the venues are spread out across Renfrew County, so maybe just localized radio chatter if any. Locally, I can hear operations on 160.455 PL 110.9 for Calabogie Peaks regularly, but that's about it.

Something of interest though I did come across was this - Cross country skiing for example. Which is done through the following site I guess Home - Cross Country Ski Ontario now searching through officials manuals etc.... I did find a section (17) on communications. Interesting to say the least. https://xcskiontario.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/2019-11-Competition-Officials-Manual-v-4.pdf

If there's anything related to cross country skiing then I will be in ear shot of the area for which it's taking place.

Last edited:

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
458.6625 DMR CC1 TG 1032355 sounds like it's the gates for the parking area etc for the opening ceremonies this evening in Renfrew at the Mateway Park & Activity Centre.

158.535 is also active with St. John Ambulance and I'll be honest I have not heard that frequency active in many years here.

Renfrew Fire is also assisting with parking or gates also on there local channel 154.665.

That's all I have for today.
Likely Bearcom if DMR or OnQ if NXDN if they rented locally.