OOOOH NOOOOO pro 197 HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnite906

I can not program this unit.I had a heap error and fixed it now I can not see what freqs I downloaded from RR using Win 500 it tells me nothing enabled to scan. I tried every thing I could try to upload or download and I have no talk groups listed on scanner. I also noticed that when I look at win 500 on what scan list they are loaded in there is no scan list # listed . I'm totally lost!!

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
I can not program this unit.I had a heap error and fixed it now I can not see what freqs I downloaded from RR using Win 500 it tells me nothing enabled to scan. I tried every thing I could try to upload or download and I have no talk groups listed on scanner. I also noticed that when I look at win 500 on what scan list they are loaded in there is no scan list # listed . I'm totally lost!!

The Pro-197 and Pro-106 are the same scanners, and this same issue was just addressed here, and I hope it solves your problem as well:
http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/184903-pro-106-a.html#post1341709

By the way, the fact that you were able to fix a heap error shows you are already way ahead! When that happened to me I was in a state of panic and it took a number of tries before I finally got the bad object deleted. I program manually, so it might be easier to delete it with software.

Good luck with your radio. I think you will thoroughly enjoy it as soon as you get things figured out! :)

recon20

I know, I'm just starting to get comfortable with my pro 197 ...it's a steep learning curve.

I would suggest deleting everything and re-downloading the frequencies your interested in. That way, at least you can start scanning and play with configurations, and become more confident in using your scanner.

Highpockets

Run through this Guide, maybe you'll see if or where you made any mistakes:

WIN500 - UtahRadio

midnite906

Yes It will upload and download but it says nothing enabled and I cant find the freqs I just downloaded

recon20

If you click on the "all objects" tab in win500 you should see what you downloaded, if you don't see anything make sure that the boxes on the far right are checked to show all scan lists.

You also should see talk groups when you click on tsys tab or the conv tab.

recon20

When you find what you downloaded, make sure they are assigned a scan list number, they probably defaulted to scanlist 1.
After you upload them to your scanner, press scan, then 1, or whatever list they are in.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Thanks, but HOW can I delete EVERYTHING??
slow learner
You can open a New Template in Win500 and send it to scanner, however, see below next quote for a better choice.

Yes It will upload and download but it says nothing enabled and I cant find the freqs I just downloaded
The reason for this is you likely failed to assign objects to a scanlist as suggested by Highpockets in the Win500 Utah Radio link. Look for Assigning Objects to Scan List under both Trunking and Conventional import.

However, You can use your current file by clicking a TSYS then highlight ALL TGRP Objects below then go to right side and check a box next to Scan List 01 through 20 or you can even use FAV or SKY. Go to next TSYS and select another box. BTW, you can also set FD and PD to separate list by highlighting either group then check/uncheck to desired list.

Then go to Conv tab and highlight those objects as desired using same method.

Note: as you check a Scan List box, the selected box number then appears under Scan List Map next to LOut.

When finished select General Settings tab and alpha tag the scanlist. Note: Scan List 01 is default. After saving and sending to scanner, 01 will be enabled. To choose another, press the associated keyboard number for other list(s).

recon20

Let me add...sometimes after uploading to my scanner, I get the "nothing enabled" screen.

This usually means that no scan list has been selected on the scanner itself...just so you understand, you press a number on the keypad to enable a list, then you press it again to disable.

The lists that are enabled will show on your display as you are scanning.

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
Let me add...sometimes after uploading to my scanner, I get the "nothing enabled" screen.

This usually means that no scan list has been selected on the scanner itself...just so you understand, you press a number on the keypad to enable a list, then you press it again to disable.

The lists that are enabled will show on your display as you are scanning.

That's what I thought too, and that's why I provided this link way at the beginning of this thread:

http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/184903-pro-106-a.html#post1341709

Either he has some other issue, or he didn't realize that he should have clicked on the blue link to see how a similar issue was successfully solved before. In the future I will say, "Please click here," when a link is provided, because I can't help but wonder if not pressing the "1" on the keyboard was the problem all along! I hope the OP let's us know if he got his radio working and how he solved it. :)

recon20

That's what I thought too, and that's why I provided this link way at the beginning of this thread:

Either he has some other issue, or he didn't realize that he should have clicked on the blue link to see how a similar issue was successfully solved before. In the future I will say, "Please click here," when a link is provided, because I can't help but wonder if not pressing the "1" on the keyboard was the problem all along! I hope the OP let's us know if he got his radio working and how he solved it. :)

Hehe,
You're right, I didn't click on the link before, but now that I have, I see that I came close to duplicating your suggestion.

I too, hope the OP lets us know how things work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.