OOPS...Damaged SpectrumForce Mobile Antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanemls

I couldn't believe I did this! Just barely a week after I got my SpectrumForce mobile scanner antenna (which works great), I yanked the cable right out of the base (forgot to open my car window before opening the door). BIG bummer! Is there ANY possible way of repairing this? Thanks for any input.

N9JIG

Sheriff
That Spectrum Force antenna works great and has a very thin coax on it. While it really cannot be repaired easily they are cheap ($20).

With the coax so thin there is no reason you need to run it thru the window. Just open the door, toss the antenna wire in and close the door. The coax is thin enough not to be damaged.

slicerwizard

I yanked the cable right out of the base (forgot to open my car window before opening the door).
Why would you run the coax through the window? Sounds like a great way to damage the coax when the window is closed.

Is there ANY possible way of repairing this?
The base probably has an adhesive disk / copper foil stuck to it; use a sharp blade to get under it and lift it off. From there you should be able to figure out the rest. You'll also need some soldering skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.