• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Oops...

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew_m

Premium Subscriber
http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/9332198/detail.html
El Paso police respond to a call of an officer in distress and bust down a door to get inside.

Unfortunately, they busted down the door of the wrong house.

Homeowner Sergio Herrera said officers told him they were alerted to an officer in distress in the 1000 block of Arizona.

But somehow, they mixed up the numbers on the address.

Herrera said the officers told him the police department would pay for the damage done to his door.
That sucks but I can see how it can happen.

MacombMonitor

That happens in Detroit, Michigan very often! Almost makes you wonder if they're not trying to warn the drug dealer, rather than bust him!

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Next thing you hear are the home owners suing over emotional distress.... I'm sure it's happened somewhere. Sad....

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Do you remember the episode of Cops in Fort Worth where the cop broke a bunch of small windows on a house that he thought was on fire? I bet that he still hasn't lived that one down. THe little old lady that lived in the house took it pretty well.

MacombMonitor

LarryN said:
Do you remember the episode of Cops in Fort Worth where the cop broke a bunch of small windows on a house that he thought was on fire? I bet that he still hasn't lived that one down. THe little old lady that lived in the house took it pretty well.
Sure do! That poor cop...he was so serious, and so intent on helping. Better safe than sorry.

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
LarryN said:
LOL I was just going to mention that one.

bwhite

And then there was the incident in Baltimore about 10 years back where the demolition company was to take down a house (I think it was a crack house) and, you guessed it, got the wrong address.

Status
Not open for further replies.