OP25 Boatbod compiling/running on Android?

ToTheBitCave

Phreakness Monster
Premium Subscriber
It’s probably a long shot, but is there any hope of compiling op25 on Android? I’ve got a couple of Pixels laying around running Lineage (there are also some Linux distros for these devices), and this setup would be way more compact than a pi. You can download and run gcc/g++ and Python on Android, but I’m not sure if any of the software would have direct hardware access to the RTL dongles even with root. It would be a great way to bring back life to older devices. If this doesn’t exist, I may try to get this rolling if Boatbod thinks it’s at least possible.

TIA!

boatbod

It’s probably a long shot, but is there any hope of compiling op25 on Android? I’ve got a couple of Pixels laying around running Lineage (there are also some Linux distros for these devices), and this setup would be way more compact than a pi. You can download and run gcc/g++ and Python on Android, but I’m not sure if any of the software would have direct hardware access to the RTL dongles even with root. It would be a great way to bring back life to older devices. If this doesn’t exist, I may try to get this rolling if Boatbod thinks it’s at least possible.

TIA!
Aside from compiling the op25 code itself, you'd also need working runtime gnuradio, gr-osmosdr and librtlsdr.