op25 boatbod recording by talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9TKF

What are the options to record op25 boatbod similar to Trunking Recorder for Unitrunker? Trying to figure out how to organize by talkgroups and replay the next day.

boatbod

What are the options to record op25 boatbod similar to Trunking Recorder for Unitrunker? Trying to figure out how to organize by talkgroups and replay the next day.

It's not something that op25 is designed to do, nor would it be particularly easy to achieve due to the way the audio samples are produced and streamed. I think you'd be better off sticking with TrunkRecorder which was designed to work that way from the outset.

N9TKF

Tried TrunkRecorder and I would need a least 3 rtl_sdrs to cover the whole system and possible more. Is there a way to record the stream locally from op25?

boatbod

Tried TrunkRecorder and I would need a least 3 rtl_sdrs to cover the whole system and possible more. Is there a way to record the stream locally from op25?
You could use liquidsoap and write your stream script so that it both output to the audio device and saves to a file.

nated1992

Why not just use 3 sdrs then. If you buy the little blue ones you would be in it for 60$

KA1RBI

It's not something that op25 is designed to do, nor would it be particularly easy to achieve due to the way the audio samples are produced and streamed.

This comes as a surprise to me - last I knew OP25 *will* log to disk all voice with the files organized by talkgroup.

See for example SignalScopePage - OP25 - Open Source Mobile Communications - scroll to the section on
TALKGROUP LOGGING towards the bottom of that page. It's been some time since I used it
but I do recall cleaning up a bunch of bugs in that area a while back. The key lies in the use of the
Code:
-L n
option...

Max

boatbod

This comes as a surprise to me - last I knew OP25 *will* log to disk all voice with the files organized by talkgroup.

See for example SignalScopePage - OP25 - Open Source Mobile Communications - scroll to the section on
TALKGROUP LOGGING towards the bottom of that page. It's been some time since I used it
but I do recall cleaning up a bunch of bugs in that area a while back. The key lies in the use of the
Code:
-L n
option...

Max
Ah, the logfile_workers code... I've always wondered what that was for, and I have no idea whether it works on my fork.

Thanks for correcting me Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.