OP25 Boatbod Success! Almost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
The most obvious error is that "-args" requires two dashes like this --args

Second thing is you probably want to reduce the sample size as 2.4Mhz is at the upper limit of an RTL capability. Suggest "-S 1440000" for most desktop machines. If it's a RPi3 you'll want "-S 100000" or so.

Third thing, you probably don't need "-o 25000" unless you have an old dongle with a DC-spike.

Fourth thing, you've got no trunk.tsv defined so op25 isn't going to trunk track as currently configured. If the -f refers to a control channel then the terminal should start to receive TSBKs when it runs, but that's about it.

Thank you........yes the --args corrected my issue. I have it decoding audio just fine to the speaker output and it sounds great again. I will try removing the things that you think I don't need and adjusting the sample size and see how that goes. I did not have my trunk.tsv defined the other day but I had since done all of that along with my talkgroups and whitelist files. It is working now. My next steps will be to get the scripts set up so that it all starts on boot and get the streaming working with Liquid Soap. I would like to continue to be able to output the audio to the speaker as well as streaming. I will work on that beginning tomorrow.

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
ok, first problem with liquid soap. I was going through the readme and starting at the first step when installing liquid soap I enter the command:

sudo apt-get install liquidsoap liquidsoap-plugin-all

And then after beginning the install I get this message:

Package liquidsoap-plugin-all is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
liquidsoap

E: Package 'liquidsoap-plugin-all' has no installation candidate

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
Ok I have set up my op25.liq file along with my meta.json file and I have verified all of my broadcastify settings are correct. OP25 starts and runs fine with the following command:

./rx-py --args 'rtl' -N 'LNA:47' -S 100000 -v 1 -2 -T trunk.tsv -V -M meta.json -w 2> stderr.2

When I open the 2nd terminal to start op25.liq the attached image is what I am getting. It seems that it never completely loads and runs... I am currently at a loss....

Attachments

• op25liq.jpg
    op25liq.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 84

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
Ok I have set up my op25.liq file along with my meta.json file and I have verified all of my broadcastify settings are correct. OP25 starts and runs fine with the following command:

./rx-py --args 'rtl' -N 'LNA:47' -S 100000 -v 1 -2 -T trunk.tsv -V -M meta.json -w 2> stderr.2

When I open the 2nd terminal to start op25.liq the attached image is what I am getting. It seems that it never completely loads and runs... I am currently at a loss....

I found my own problem! The pulse audio was still commented out in my op25.liq file. I removed the # and it started streaming the audio. The way I was reading and understanding was that it would stream with only the default audio so I never changed the # on the pulseaudio. Now to make it start upon reboot!

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
Ok I am getting there....

I have successfully gotten OP25 to auto-start at re-boot however Liquid Soap is not starting. When I manually start it the stream becomes active and I can hear audio being decoded over the computer speaker and then on the feed. My op25-liq.service file is as follows:

[Unit]
Description=op25-liq
After=syslog.target network.target nss-lookup.target network-online.target
Requires=network-online.target

[Service]
User=pi
Group=pi
WorkingDirectory=/home/pi/op25/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps
ExecStart=/usr/bin/liquidsoap LFD_Stream.liq
RestartSec=5
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

What am I missing? I have also noticed that the stream starts out about 20-30 seconds behind real time which is exactly how my other stream was working. I have noticed however that over time I was getting almost 2 minutes of lag between real time and when the broadcast was talking. I don't really understand that as everything seems to be working fine and I'm on a wired network connection.

sqlgeek

Ok I am getting there....

I have successfully gotten OP25 to auto-start at re-boot however Liquid Soap is not starting. When I manually start it the stream becomes active and I can hear audio being decoded over the computer speaker and then on the feed. My op25-liq.service file is as follows:

[Unit]
Description=op25-liq
After=syslog.target network.target nss-lookup.target network-online.target
Requires=network-online.target

[Service]
User=pi
Group=pi
WorkingDirectory=/home/pi/op25/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps
ExecStart=/usr/bin/liquidsoap LFD_Stream.liq
RestartSec=5
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

What am I missing? I have also noticed that the stream starts out about 20-30 seconds behind real time which is exactly how my other stream was working. I have noticed however that over time I was getting almost 2 minutes of lag between real time and when the broadcast was talking. I don't really understand that as everything seems to be working fine and I'm on a wired network connection.
What do you get when you put in:
Code:
sudo systemctl status op25-liq.service

Mine has about the same delay - anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute. I am not completely certain, but the buffering could play a role in that delay, and of course the website itself is a variable that can't be controlled.

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
Attached is what I get when I run the sudo systemctl status op25-liq.service...

Once I start the .liq file manually I hear audio and the stream starts but otherwise it does not work on boot. OP25 is working on boot just fine.

As for the delay when I was streaming from scannercast and an IntelNUC the delay was 20 seconds or less. This starts out that way but then gets longer however it seems that it gets longer after I've been constantly listening. If I reload the stream it's back to 20-30 seconds. Strange but I will deal with that to get the stream working with the Pi and get a scanner back for other uses. Lol

Brandon

Attachments

• liq_service_status.jpg
    liq_service_status.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 38

boatbod

Attached is what I get when I run the sudo systemctl status op25-liq.service...

Once I start the .liq file manually I hear audio and the stream starts but otherwise it does not work on boot. OP25 is working on boot just fine.

As for the delay when I was streaming from scannercast and an IntelNUC the delay was 20 seconds or less. This starts out that way but then gets longer however it seems that it gets longer after I've been constantly listening. If I reload the stream it's back to 20-30 seconds. Strange but I will deal with that to get the stream working with the Pi and get a scanner back for other uses. Lol

Brandon
Did you remember to "enable" the service so that it will autostart at boot?
sudo systemctl enable op25-liq

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
Did you remember to "enable" the service so that it will autostart at boot?
sudo systemctl enable op25-liq
yes I enabled both services and then started them with the commands from the readme file. I will try this again though as I wouldn't put it past me to have made a mistake somewhere! Lol

boatbod

yes I enabled both services and then started them with the commands from the readme file. I will try this again though as I wouldn't put it past me to have made a mistake somewhere! Lol

If the "sudo systemctl ... start" command works then autostart should work too as long as it is enabled and any dependencies are met.

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
When these programs auto start should there be anything visible on the screen? I know OP25 is running at boot because as soon as I start the liq service it starts playing audio and then the broadcast starts. When I manually launch the liq file I see the terminal window open however at boot time without launching anything manually there is no terminal that opens for anything.

I checked to make sure that the service was enabled by typing the command and it just goes blank and then back to the command prompt. Same thing when I do the "sudo systemctl start" command. It just returns to the command prompt without doing anything.

sqlgeek

When these programs auto start should there be anything visible on the screen? I know OP25 is running at boot because as soon as I start the liq service it starts playing audio and then the broadcast starts. When I manually launch the liq file I see the terminal window open however at boot time without launching anything manually there is no terminal that opens for anything.

I checked to make sure that the service was enabled by typing the command and it just goes blank and then back to the command prompt. Same thing when I do the "sudo systemctl start" command. It just returns to the command prompt without doing anything.
If you put in the
Code:
sudo systemctl status op25-liq.service
right after startup it should let you know if it is running yet or not. At the bottom of that output will be the last 10 lines of what you see on the screen when you run it manually.

boatbod

When you run the application "headless" by autostart, you need to configure it to use the "http" terminal type so that you can (later) log on to the terminal to see what is going on.
e.g.
./rx.py -l http:192.168.1.7:8080 -M meta-fire.json --args "rtl=0" ....
Substitute the machine's ip address etc.

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
I've tried all of the suggestions but I still cannot get the op25-liq.service to start automatically. I can start it manually after re-boot and it works fine and the stream starts. The service is loaded and enabled but it never goes active. The OP25-rx service is working fine...Otherwise I get this when checking the op25.liq systemctl status:

systemctl status op25-liq.service
● op25-liq.service - op25-liq
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/op25-liq.service; enabled; vendor preset:
Active: inactive (dead) since Sun 2019-09-15 14:11:08 CDT; 11min ago
Process: 435 ExecStart=/usr/bin/liquidsoap LFD_Stream.liq (code=exited, status
Main PID: 435 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Sep 15 14:11:04 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started op25-liq.
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi liquidsoap[435]: 2019/09/15 14:11:08 >>> LOG START
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi liquidsoap[435]: 2019/09/15 14:11:06 [main:3] Liquid
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi liquidsoap[435]: 2019/09/15 14:11:06 [main:3] Using:
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi liquidsoap[435]: 2019/09/15 14:11:07 [gstreamer.load
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi liquidsoap[435]: 2019/09/15 14:11:07 [dynamic.loader
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi liquidsoap[435]: strange error flushing buffer ...
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi liquidsoap[435]: 2019/09/15 14:11:08 >>> LOG END
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi systemd[1]: op25-liq.service: Succeeded.
lines 1-15/15 (END)...skipping...
● op25-liq.service - op25-liq
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/op25-liq.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: inactive (dead) since Sun 2019-09-15 14:11:08 CDT; 11min ago
Process: 435 ExecStart=/usr/bin/liquidsoap LFD_Stream.liq (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 435 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Sep 15 14:11:04 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started op25-liq.
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi liquidsoap[435]: 2019/09/15 14:11:08 >>> LOG START
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi liquidsoap[435]: 2019/09/15 14:11:06 [main:3] Liquidsoap 1.3.3
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi liquidsoap[435]: 2019/09/15 14:11:06 [main:3] Using: bytes=[distributed with OCaml 4.02 or above] pcre=7.2.3 dtools=0.4.0 duppy=0.7.2 duppy.syntax=0.7.2 cry=
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi liquidsoap[435]: 2019/09/15 14:11:07 [gstreamer.loader:3] Loaded GStreamer 1.14.4 0
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi liquidsoap[435]: 2019/09/15 14:11:07 [dynamic.loader:3] Could not find dynamic module for fdkaac encoder.
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi liquidsoap[435]: strange error flushing buffer ...
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi liquidsoap[435]: 2019/09/15 14:11:08 >>> LOG END
Sep 15 14:11:08 raspberrypi systemd[1]: op25-liq.service: Succeeded.

S

simpilo

it can't find dynamic module fdkaac encoder. that's an aac encoder. if you have Debian Stretch backports repo in your apt list:
If fdkaac was installed maybe a typo in your scirpt or not installed?

fdkaac dependencies:
  • dep: libc6 (>= 2.14)GNU C Library: Shared libraries
    also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
  • dep: libfdk-aac1 (>= 0.1.4)Fraunhofer FDK AAC Codec Library - runtime files

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt build-dep fdkaac
sudo apt-get install fdkaac

wgbecks

Just figured out another question concerning control channels. Right now I just have the primary control channel in my trunk.tsv file - The system I am monitoring has backup control channels however I think it usually stays on the primary control channel. Would I just add those frequencies into my trunk.tsv file in the event that the control channel switches? Then OP25 would also switch to the backup control channel without me doing anything?

Also since I am using a q value of +26 to find the current control channel that it's tracking would this value be different if the control channel changes and then I would lose the control channel all together? That may be a good reason to get a temperature compensated dongle...

Thanks,

Brandon

sqlgeek

it can't find dynamic module fdkaac encoder. that's an aac encoder. if you have Debian Stretch backports repo in your apt list:
If fdkaac was installed maybe a typo in your scirpt or not installed?

fdkaac dependencies:
  • dep: libc6 (>= 2.14)GNU C Library: Shared libraries
    also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
  • dep: libfdk-aac1 (>= 0.1.4)Fraunhofer FDK AAC Codec Library - runtime files

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt build-dep fdkaac
sudo apt-get install fdkaac
This is not the issue because I get the same exact error whether I run it manually or by service and my audio feed never fails - it works fine without having the AAC codec. His audio is working when he runs it manually but not when he starts it as a service, so if the missing codec were the issue it wouldn't work ever.

@DMBFireman - what are the permissions set to on your .liq file
Code:
ls -lt *.liq
And are you logged in as pi when you run it manually?

Status
Not open for further replies.