OP25 multi-streaming with Analog Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqlgeek

I have successfully set up my local Digital Trunked Public Safety broadcast using OP25. I have a second rtl-sdr dongle that I would like to add to my Raspberry Pi and produce a second stream of my local analog Amateur Radio repeater. My CPU is steadily below 20%. Is what I am wanting to do even possible with my current setup? Would a third or fourth dongle be manageable with the OP25 software and a Raspberry Pi 3B+?

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
CPU/heat often isnt the issue with Pi's, its voltage, which will drop with higher CPU. This is assuming youve heatsinks and a fan on the Pi.

I do 2 on one of mine, Ive not tried more.

That said, you will probably have the same issues Im having now, ham radio wont be picked up with Op25, you need rtl-FM or something of the like. Which has its own integration issues. Lemme know if you get it working and good luck with it! I've a few threads on here, I can receive but not stream right now.

boatbod

Conceivably you could use liquidsoap to stream both sources. That said I doubt you'll have enough cpu horsepower on a RPi3b when the op25 instance is actively decoding audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.