OP25 OP25 New "dark mode" style (with screen shot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dispatchgeek

Control channel goes "brrrrr"
Between the cornfields and the pastures, Michigan.
This looks great! I just pulled this down to my PI. I have constellation set in my command line, and that works. How do I get all four plots on my web interface? Is it a simple command line setting, or does the screenshot below have some code changes to the interface?

A new style option in the OP25 HTTP console, thanks to a contribution from OP25 user Triptolemus - now merged into osmocom OP25 master.

Max

View attachment 98967

KA1RBI

Thanks for your feedback. This is the command script I ran to produce the image posted above.

Code:
$ cat run.sh
#! /bin/sh

l="-l http:127.0.0.1:8080"
p="constellation,fft,mixer,symbol"

python3 ./rx.py --args 'rtl' -N 'LNA:49' -S 1000000 -x 2 -f 771.48125e6 -V -w -q 37 -T local.tsv -P $p $l 2> stderr.2

Essentially the Plot ("-P") parameter takes a string consisting of a comma-separated list of plot types...

Max

p.s. Edited to fix typo

KA1RBI

Also, the plots do chew up a bit of CPU horsepower, not sure how much extra your PI has left over. My first PI 3b was bricked because I neglected to install the two heatsinks....

Max

air-scan

I like what I see but too bad there isn't a fork for Windows 10. I would certainly use that UI!

wgbecks

I like what I see but too bad there isn't a fork for Windows 10. I would certainly use that UI!

You might consider running a Linux VM on your Windows machine that will allow you to run op25 and other Linux applications. I've been doing
this for several years with excellent results in addition to running op25 on the Raspberry Pi and similar SBC's.

air-scan

You might consider running a Linux VM on your Windows machine that will allow you to run op25 and other Linux applications. I've been doing
this for several years with excellent results in addition to running op25 on the Raspberry Pi and similar SBC's.
there is no driver in any repo that knows how to do HP audio switch so no thank you. Tried it and failed. Don't need sound coming out speakers and headphones at the same time. No real support for Intel Optane memory as well. I will not accept people telling me what I want to do when I already have a road map in my head what I know what I want to do. This ain't no "get more people on our band wagon" Because you'll have "1 empty seat"!

wgbecks

there is no driver in any repo that knows how to do HP audio switch so no thank you. Tried it and failed. Don't need sound coming out speakers and headphones at the same time. No real support for Intel Optane memory as well. I will not accept people telling me what I want to do when I already have a road map in my head what I know what I want to do. This ain't no "get more people on our band wagon" Because you'll have "1 empty seat"!

Opinions vary!

boatbod

Maybe you should port op25 to Windows yourself, or better yet write your own software from scratch.

CanesFan95

How to rectify the following after install on Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 inside VMWare on a Windows 10 PC after installing:

sudo apt-get install git
cd ~
git clone boatbod/op25
cd op25
./install.sh

Capture.PNG

gskroll

Premium Subscriber
How to rectify the following after install on Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 inside VMWare on a Windows 10 PC after installing:

sudo apt-get install git
cd ~
git clone boatbod/op25
cd op25
./install.sh

View attachment 99263
Sorry - Linux "lightweight" here.

I have been using (and updating for currency) OP25 by performing a "git pull" from boatbod's code on Git.

How do I trigger this "dark mode" UI?

I am legally blind and find the dark mode MUCH easier to see.

Thanks

Glenn

boatbod

I have been using (and updating for currency) OP25 by performing a "git pull" from boatbod's code on Git.

Thanks

Glenn
Dark Mode is Max's version (osmocom) only

KA1RBI

Thanks

Glenn

Hi Glenn

sorry this may be slightly OT but my Novice ham examination was done by Tom Samulenas and a blind ham, Glenn Kroll, at his house in Connecticut. We all worked at TIC. IIRC, Glenn had a TS-940. I don't remember either Glenn's or Tom's call sign, but by any chance was that you ???

Max

gskroll

Premium Subscriber
Hi Glenn

sorry this may be slightly OT but my Novice ham examination was done by Tom Samulenas and a blind ham, Glenn Kroll, at his house in Connecticut. We all worked at TIC. IIRC, Glenn had a TS-940. I don't remember either Glenn's or Tom's call sign, but by any chance was that you ???

Max

Guilty as charged! (You have a great memory!)
I had lost contact with Tom before retiring from Travelers in mid-2016. I remember your name and think I remember correctly that you were in Telecom division.
I had sold my TS-940 and the rest of my ham gear years ago and hadn’t done anything with amateur radio until 2 years ago when I got interested in scanning and DMR.
I currently entertain myself with Uniden SDS100/200’s and an Anytone AT-D878UV DMR-capable handheld.
I had seen a posting on Radioreference that caught my eye, bought a RPi and found posts describing installing Boatbod’s version of OP25. I have been enjoying use of OP25 to scan my local (Portland, ME) P25 Public Safety system as well as expanding my knowledge into the Linux world.
I would be interested to learn how I would install your branch as well – particularly to get access to the “dark mode”.
Thanks for reaching out.
Glenn

KA1RBI

Hi Glenn

*Fantastic* to hear from you, sounds like you are enjoying retirement. I daresay the digital modes have evolved quite a bit since you got back in. There are also numberless digital modes on HF most of which at least in the ham bands are no wider than a voice channel, and can be accessed using a PC interfaced to a conventional HF transceiver.

As discussed recently in another thread there is no easy way to have the boatbod version installed concurrently on the same machine with the version from the osmocom repo. The command lines and TSV files are (mostly) compatible between the two so if you already have one or the other up and running it should be a snap to switch.

The first step is to remove the old version. To do so, cd to the 'build' directory of the installed version which should be one level down from the top level directory of the cloned repo. Then run "sudo make uninstall". This won't delete the contents of the repo but it will delete the libraries and include files and such that were installed in the system libraries under /usr/local/.

Then (after 'cd' back to your home directory, outside of any op25 directory), clone the osmocom repo with
Code:
 https://git.osmocom.org/op25 "directory"

The reason for adding "directory" at the end of the clone command is that the default, op25, may already be a directory name under your home directory, and we don't want to overwrite it. It can be any name, such as "osmocom-op25"...

Then
Code:
cd "directory"               # # # name of directory named in clone command
./install.sh

Once this is done you should be able to start op25 (rx.py) as before - make sure to use the "-l http:127.0.0.1:8080" command line options, then open the browser to URL "http://127.0.0.1:8080" and click the "View" tab to enable the dark mode.

The above assUmes all will go well. If you have trouble please don't hesitate to reach out. Don't worry about being a "Linux lightweight".

Graham has done a lot of work on DMR support in OP25 so that version might be a better fit if you're doing, say, DMR trunked system monitoring. If you want both versions, you might need another PI (I get no commission from them ;) Also OP25 supports transmitting DMR although only as a base station, and some form of SDR or FM RF transmitter is required.

Let me know how you make out, and perhaps there is some way we can connect over ham radio. There are a few DMR linked repeaters that do a think called "echolink" but I haven't played with it at all. Maybe they can provide a route between us...

Max

Dark Mode is Max's version (osmocom) only
Is there any chance that the boatbod and osmocom versions of OP25 will be brought up to speed together? (Not merging but perhaps both including the new features of each other) I can imagine the codebases have deviated greatly since the split though.

E: Ahh nevermind I just saw the github note saying the codebases had in fact diverged too far. Thanks anyway!

boatbod

Is there any chance that the boatbod and osmocom versions of OP25 will be brought up to speed together? (Not merging but perhaps both including the new features of each other) I can imagine the codebases have deviated greatly since the split though.

E: Ahh nevermind I just saw the github note saying the codebases had in fact diverged too far. Thanks anyway!
These days there's a lot of differences between the two versions, including key interfaces to the gui and library functions. Porting features is generally possible given enough effort, but it's non-trivial activity and one that requires lots of testing to see what got broken as a result.

While I haven't looked at the code changes for Dark Mode, if it's essentially just .css updates that may be possible to port with minimal effort, but if it impacts main.js (the gui code) then it's a bigger deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.