op25 on a 3.5 inch

Status
Not open for further replies.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Both the Florence frequencies are P25 Conventional (non-trunked) unlike the Sheriff's Office which is on the Pinal County P25 System. You can monitor either one of these using OP25's rx.py using the "-f frequency" option but unfortunately the "-T trunk.tsv" trunking config isn't going to help you.

Monitoring both frequencies simultaneously using a single RTL dongle should be possible with multi_rx.py but the configuration file is very different from what you are using now. Suggest you take a look at the "p25_conventional_example.json" file found in the ./apps directory for how to set up a 2 channel P25 Conventional system.
Okay will do thank you for all your time and help I really appreciate it.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Both the Florence frequencies are P25 Conventional (non-trunked) unlike the Sheriff's Office which is on the Pinal County P25 System. You can monitor either one of these using OP25's rx.py using the "-f frequency" option but unfortunately the "-T trunk.tsv" trunking config isn't going to help you.

Monitoring both frequencies simultaneously using a single RTL dongle should be possible with multi_rx.py but the configuration file is very different from what you are using now. Suggest you take a look at the "p25_conventional_example.json" file found in the ./apps directory for how to set up a 2 channel P25 Conventional system.

Good morning, I filled out all the info on the p25_conventional_example.json" file. on not sure how to write out the start command. can you help me on this matter please?

Attachments

• op25 j2021-12-01 060034.png
    op25 j2021-12-01 060034.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 10

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Run this to actually view what's inside the stderr.2 file, or locate it in the file browser and open it with a text editor. All the 'error' messages get dumped into it when you run the command with 2> stderr.2
Code:
cat stderr.2
it shows this

Attachments

• op25 8.png
    op25 8.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 16

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
It says it can't find florencepoliceandfire.json, so either the file name is wrong or doesn't exist, its in the wrong directory, or you are launching from the wrong directory. Probably easiest to make sure your start script, json file (spelled the same in the command as the file name) and your terminal are all in the apps directory when starting up.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
It says it can't find florencepoliceandfire.json, so either the file name is wrong or doesn't exist, its in the wrong directory, or you are launching from the wrong directory. Probably easiest to make sure your start script, json file (spelled the same in the command as the file name) and your terminal are all in the apps directory when starting up.
I think the file name is wrong. Its coming out as an .txt file, not sure how to change it if it is wrong.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Good morning,
Update: I plugged the pi, into a regular monitor and my first issue was solved. By not being able to connect to op25 with a 3.5 inch touch screen. I then reconnected, the 3.5 inch to the same pi. I'm now back to the same issue, of the pi not wanting to connect to op25 with the 3.5 inch touch screen. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I used the same command lines on both screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.