op25 on a 3.5 inch

Status
Not open for further replies.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
G0p25.pngood morning, I am trying to get op25 working on a 3.5 inch touch screen with a 3.5 headphone jack. It works on the hdmi plug but says this when its on the 3.5 inch touch screen raspberry pi 4 any help would be great. thanks

Attachments

• op252.png
    op252.png
    242.6 KB · Views: 22

bucket772

Feed Provider
are you talking about the web interface you want to get working?
What does your command line look like?
When you say "it works on the HDMI", what does? Audio, display

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
are you talking about the web interface you want to get working?
What does your command line look like?
When you say "it works on the HDMI", what does? Audio, display
I am using this command line ./rx.py --args 'rtl' -N 'LNA:47' -S 2500000 -x 2 -f 155.8200e6 -o 17e3 -q 0 -T trunk.tsv -V -2 -U 2> stderr-stream0.2 which turns on my local police department, through the big monitors hdmi . If I use that command line on the 3.5 inch nothing happens. Ive tried to install op25 on a regular monitor then plug the 3.5 screen with the 3.5 headphone jack. Nothing happened then I removed op25 and re- installed op25 on the 3.5 inch and still nothing happened. thank you for pointing out that I didn't explain myself

bucket772

Feed Provider
I don't believe the problem is OP25 related. Does the same thing happen when you are playing music or, say, YouTube? If the problem happends there, it would all but eliminate it being an OP25 issue.
Are you using Raspberry Pi? If so, go into the config and change to analog audio. That should force it through the 3.5mm.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
I don't believe the problem is OP25 related. Does the same thing happen when you are playing music or, say, YouTube? If the problem happends there, it would all but eliminate it being an OP25 issue.
Are you using Raspberry Pi? If so, go into the config and change to analog audio. That should force it through the 3.5mm.
you tube plays and so does everything else. I switched over the analog jack, in the config file and I'm still getting the above message. I am using a raspberry pi 4, that's hooked to a 3.5 touch. I think it has something to do, with the screen, because when I plug it in to HDMI, that command line works.

boatbod

you tube plays and so does everything else. I switched over the analog jack, in the config file and I'm still getting the above message. I am using a raspberry pi 4, that's hooked to a 3.5 touch. I think it has something to do, with the screen, because when I plug it in to HDMI, that command line works.
Is there any error message either logged to the stderr.2 or written to the screen?
The curses terminal does have a minimum number of columns/rows size constraint but it will tell you when it is unhappy.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Is there any error message either logged to the stderr.2 or written to the screen?
The curses terminal does have a minimum number of columns/rows size constraint but it will tell you when it is unhappy.
Im not sure what you mean. This is my first project that I got working and I am just learning how to code the pi. I want to turn the pi into a p25 portable scanner eventually. I got my local police playing on the monitor and thought it was cool. I decided to get a 3.5 screen. I am anxious to get it running the way I want. I know its possible it just takes patients and help.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Im not sure what you mean. This is my first project that I got working and I am just learning how to code the pi. I want to turn the pi into a p25 portable scanner eventually. I got my local police playing on the monitor and thought it was cool. I decided to get a 3.5 screen. I am anxious to get it running the way I want. I know its possible it just takes patients and help.

I want my radio to have specs like this
op25 with all channels and one button channel switch
gps with navigation
A camera also
I have all these parts to make my project happen. I just need some help and I appreciate everyone's help.

boatbod

In linux a terminal window has a specific number of rows and columns. Boatbod op25 'curses' terminal requires a minimum size of 70 columns and 6 rows. If the terminal window doesn't meet the minimum size constraints it will error out with the message "Terminal window too small! Minimum size [70 x 6], actual [%d x %d]" where the two %d are replaced by the actual size detected.

bucket772

Feed Provider
And if you want to make a mobile device, I would suggest using the http web interface to control and view.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 20

boatbod

And if you want to make a mobile device, I would suggest using the http web interface to control and view.
Correct. There is no minimum size for the web window, nor a requirement for it to be open in order for op25 to operate properly. Both of those points are not so for the text-based 'curses' terminal; it gets cranky if you try to run it in the background.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Correct. There is no minimum size for the web window, nor a requirement for it to be open in order for op25 to operate properly. Both of those points are not so for the text-based 'curses' terminal; it gets cranky if you try to run it in the background.
I got one channel working on the 3.5 inch. It was weird I just turned it on and did the command line and it started working. I have not heard anything yet because, I live in a small town and its a Sunday morning. I wish I could get police and fire up. Thank you so much for your help. I am going to get the interface up and running now thank you, thank you, thank you,(y) for everyone's help.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
I got the interface to work. Now I have to figure out how to name the channle, then add the towns fire department, and finally add icons to the main screen so i can tap them and they turn on.

Attachments

• op25.png
    op25.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 24

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Channel is based on the system name in trunk.tsv.
Talkgroup Tag Names comes from trunk-tags.tsv referred to by trunk.tsv
I got the files all set up but I'm not sure how to write the command line on these files to get op25 working.

Attachments

• op25 test.png
    op25 test.png
    286.4 KB · Views: 12

boatbod

Are these P25 Conventional (single) frequencies or P25 Trunking?
rx.py can monitor one conventional frequency, but if you want to receive more than one at a time you'll need to be using multi_rx.py.

Do you have a link to the RRDB data on these systems?

azduststorm

KJ7QVY

boatbod

Yes I do have a link to RRDB Pinal County, Arizona (AZ) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference if that doesn't come through as a link its Pinal county Arizona Florence.
Both the Florence frequencies are P25 Conventional (non-trunked) unlike the Sheriff's Office which is on the Pinal County P25 System. You can monitor either one of these using OP25's rx.py using the "-f frequency" option but unfortunately the "-T trunk.tsv" trunking config isn't going to help you.

Monitoring both frequencies simultaneously using a single RTL dongle should be possible with multi_rx.py but the configuration file is very different from what you are using now. Suggest you take a look at the "p25_conventional_example.json" file found in the ./apps directory for how to set up a 2 channel P25 Conventional system.

Status
Not open for further replies.