OP25 OP25 SDR Bearcat IV Headless Raspberry Pi Scanner

Vista

Premium Subscriber
I have seen a few posts lately on a SDR "scanner" and headless systems, so I thought I would post my hacked up Bearcat IV OP25 scanner. I uploaded my code to bitbucket here: Bearcat IV Code. Hopefully this helps someone else with their projects. Largely inspired by AD8NT. 's Mobile Control Head functionality.

I picked up a cheap Bearcat IV from ebay and stripped the guts to make this machine. I am far from a programmer but the function of this system includes two SDRs to allow monitor DMR, or multiple channels. The simple LCD display the talkgroups, and control channel name, and pressing the encoder button allows the user to stop the OP25 stream, and select and reload my programmed trunking configurations. This runs well on a old raspberry pi, using SSH to help debug and troubleshoot. LEDs pulse when scanning and change to blue when the talkgroups are enabled, red when selecting a new trunk configuration.

PXL_20240902_032409690small2.jpg

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
I have seen a few posts lately on a SDR "scanner" and headless systems, so I thought I would post my hacked up Bearcat IV OP25 scanner. I uploaded my code to bitbucket here: Bearcat IV Code. Hopefully this helps someone else with their projects. Largely inspired by AD8NT. 's Mobile Control Head functionality.

I picked up a cheap Bearcat IV from ebay and stripped the guts to make this machine. I am far from a programmer but the function of this system includes two SDRs to allow monitor DMR, or multiple channels. The simple LCD display the talkgroups, and control channel name, and pressing the encoder button allows the user to stop the OP25 stream, and select and reload my programmed trunking configurations. This runs well on a old raspberry pi, using SSH to help debug and troubleshoot. LEDs pulse when scanning and change to blue when the talkgroups are enabled, red when selecting a new trunk configuration.

View attachment 168764
This looks like an awesome project!

AD8NT

Sarah Rose (Formerly KR0SIV)
Premium Subscriber
Love to see projects like this! Glad I was able to be of some inspiration. :)