op25 streaming settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonhuish

Premium Subscriber
For the life of me I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I have read and followed so many threads and I keep coming up empty. My goal is to stream my local law dispatch to RR from my pi 3b+. I have op25 working great I just cannot figure out the rest.

wgbecks

Assuming you've installed the boatbod fork of op25, then take a look at README-rpi3-liquidsoap found in the ~/op25 folder as a starting point
that describes how to install liquidsoap. If you're Pi has been flashed with Raspbian Buster, drop the "liquidsoap-plugin-all" from the
command line reference found in the the README as it will otherwise error out on Buster.

Then in ~/op25/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps folder you'll find op25.liq that will need to be edited to add your BCFY feed specifics. Search here for past threads on this subject that should be very helpful. If you get lost, feel come back here and post questions or you may feel free to PM me with you email address that we can establish contact offline where I can help you with any installation or configuration issues.

Bill

jasonhuish

Premium Subscriber
Assuming you've installed the boatbod fork of op25, then take a look at README-rpi3-liquidsoap found in the ~/op25 folder as a starting point
that describes how to install liquidsoap. If you're Pi has been flashed with Raspbian Buster, drop the "liquidsoap-plugin-all" from the
command line reference found in the the README as it will otherwise error out on Buster.

Then in ~/op25/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps folder you'll find op25.liq that will need to be edited to add your BCFY feed specifics. Search here for past threads on this subject that should be very helpful. If you get lost, feel come back here and post questions or you may feel free to PM me with you email address that we can establish contact offline where I can help you with any installation or configuration issues.

Bill
I appreciate it and I will take another look. Just when I think I have it figured out it all turns Greek and I get lost.

boatbod

From the readme, Step 3 and Step 6 are the main things you'll need to do.

- modify op25 startup script to eliminate the built-in audio player so that liquidsoap can pick up the stream
- set up liquidsoap to interface between op25 and broadcastify.

As an example, my op25.sh script:
Code:
./rx.py -l http:192.168.1.7:8080 -M meta-fire.json --args "rtl=0" --gains 'lna:36' -S 960000 -T trunk-fire.tsv -q 0 -d 0 -v 1 -2 -u 23456 -V -w 2> stderr.2

And my op25.liq script:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/liquidsoap

# Example liquidsoap streaming from op25 to icecast
# (c) 2019, gnorbury@bondcar.com
#

set("log.stdout", false)
set("log.file", false)
set("log.syslog", true)
set("log.level", 1)

# Make the native sample rate compatible with op25
set("frame.audio.samplerate", 8000)

input = mksafe(input.external(buffer=0.02, channels=2, samplerate=8000, restart_on_error=false, "./audio.py -u 23456 -x 1.5 -s"))

# LOCAL AUDIO
# Uncomment the appropriate line below to enable local sound
#
# Default audio subsystem
#out (input)
#
# PulseAudio
#output.pulseaudio(input)
#
# ALSA
#output.alsa(input)

# ICECAST STREAMING
# Uncomment to enable output to an icecast server
# Change the "host", "password", and "mount" strings appropriately first!
# For metadata to work properly, the host address given here MUST MATCH the address in op25's meta.json file
#
output.icecast(%mp3(bitrate=16, samplerate=22050, stereo=false), description="Talbot Fire & EMS", genre="Public Safety", url="", fallible=false, icy_metadata="false", host="audio3.broadcastify.com", port=80, mount="xxxxxxxxxx", password="xxxxxxxxx", mean(input))

wgbecks

Still not a problem. In op25 is another program called "multi_rx.py" that works well as a conventional p25 receiver.
just answered you PM with contact info.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.