op25 user interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

iloverf

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 21, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
7
Location
Houston, TX
Can you make the part of the Op25 application that displays active frequency/talkgroup & the hold/lockout buttons bigger? My op25 computer isn't right next to me and its hard to see what talkgroup I'm listening to from across the room. I tried edit/preferences but I never get a dialog box with configurable options.

Anyone managed to do this?
 

PiccoIntegra

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
530
Reaction score
4
Location
North Texas
Try this, if you're comfortable editing the scope.py file. The lines in red are what was added. Change the font parameters to suite your needs.


Code:
diff --git a/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps/scope.py b/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps/scope.py
index fa7b13c..09d6b59 100755
--- a/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps/scope.py
+++ b/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps/scope.py
@@ -607,6 +607,9 @@ class p25_rx_block (stdgui2.std_top_block):
         self.myform = myform = form.form()
         hbox = wx.BoxSizer(wx.HORIZONTAL)
 
[COLOR="Red"][B]+        font = wx.Font(20, wx.DEFAULT, wx.NORMAL, wx.BOLD)
+        self.panel.SetFont(font)
+[/B][/COLOR]
         vbox_form = wx.BoxSizer(wx.VERTICAL)
         myform['system'] = form.static_text_field(
             parent=self.panel, sizer=vbox_form, label="System", weight=0)
 

iloverf

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 21, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
7
Location
Houston, TX
Sounds easy enough. I went to edit my pybombs/src/gr-op25/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps/scope.py and I couldn't find the string "font", "Fonts" or "BOLD".

I'm running the bitmunch op25 branch...
 

iloverf

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 21, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
7
Location
Houston, TX
Derp. Just realized you meant add those lines, not edit them. I added the ones in red and it worked wonderfully.

Thanks!
 

iloverf

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 21, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
7
Location
Houston, TX
Size 18 font screenshot attached.
 

Attachments

  • largerfont.jpg
    largerfont.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 154

AggieCon

Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2015
Messages
1,448
Reaction score
18
Location
Texas
When there is a talkgroup active, does it spill over behind the "Hold" box and text?
 

iloverf

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 21, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
7
Location
Houston, TX
It does when your VM's window is not full screen (previous screen shot). But when I run fullscreen it works fine, no overlap:
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot from 2016-06-29 19:47:06.jpg
    Screenshot from 2016-06-29 19:47:06.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 144

PiccoIntegra

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
530
Reaction score
4
Location
North Texas
When there is a talkgroup active, does it spill over behind the "Hold" box and text?

When it does that, you can grab the edge of the window and re-size it. It will adjust the width of the text fields. You have to do it while the text is under the button.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top