op25

ewh01

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure someone will have an easier answer, but from ly limited knowledge you need to blacklist everything you don't want to hear and leave only the one talkgroup whitelisted. Or wait for it to go active and "hold" on it.

I see at least 2 talkgroups for Black Mountain

boatbod

I'm sure someone will have an easier answer, but from ly limited knowledge you need to blacklist everything you don't want to hear and leave only the one talkgroup whitelisted. Or wait for it to go active and "hold" on it.

I see at least 2 talkgroups for Black Mountain
Simplest solution is to create a whitelist of just the tgid that you want to listen to and everything else will automatically be ignored.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Simplest solution is to create a whitelist of just the tgid that you want to listen to and everything else will automatically be ignored.
How do I do that? I am petty new to this. really new if you count the city frequencies and id tags? Is there a video I can watch to help me out? Thank you for responding.

boatbod

The answer to that depends on how you're running op25; rx.py -or- multi_rx.py
First figure out the tgid of the talkground that you are interested in hearing and note down the decimal number.
Then using a text editor, create a file called "my_tgids.wlist" (or whatever you want to call it) and put *just* the numeric id in the file.
e.g. 11501
After you've done that, you need to tell op25 about the whitelist. Assuming you are using rx.py, the whitelist file name gets placed in your trunk.tsv in the 7th column. NOTE that each column is separated by exactly one TAB character (don't copy/paste the example below - it won't work be cause html borks tabs into spaces)
Code:
"sysname"    "control_channel_list"    "offset"    "nac"    "modulation"    "tgid_tags_file"    "whitelist"    "blacklist"    "center_frequency"
"FiRST-TALB"    "773.84375"    "0"    "0x4a6"    "cqpsk"    "first.tsv"    "my_tgids.wlist"    ""    ""
Lastly, restart op25 and you should be good to go.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
First figure out the tgid of the talkground that you are interested in hearing and note down the decimal number.
Then using a text editor, create a file called "my_tgids.wlist" (or whatever you want to call it) and put *just* the numeric id in the file.
e.g. 11501
After you've done that, you need to tell op25 about the whitelist. Assuming you are using rx.py, the whitelist file name gets placed in your trunk.tsv in the 7th column. NOTE that each column is separated by exactly one TAB character (don't copy/paste the example below - it won't work be cause html borks tabs into spaces)
Code:
"sysname"    "control_channel_list"    "offset"    "nac"    "modulation"    "tgid_tags_file"    "whitelist"    "blacklist"    "center_frequency"
"FiRST-TALB"    "773.84375"    "0"    "0x4a6"    "cqpsk"    "first.tsv"    "my_tgids.wlist"    ""    ""
thank you for explaining that to me. I will try to do that now. I very much appreciate all your help.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
e.g. 11501
Code:
I tried this and watch a video. when I started the command like nothing happened. It tried to start but then it blanked out. I can hear them with multiple agencies attached.

boatbod

I tried this and watch a video. when I started the command like nothing happened. It tried to start but then it blanked out. I can hear them with multiple agencies attached.
Make sure you are logging at -v 1 or higher and check the contents of stderr.2 after startup. If the whitelist was successfully read it should log each tgid.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Make sure you are logging at -v 1 or higher and check the contents of stderr.2 after startup. If the whitelist was successfully read it should log each tgid.
For some reason this is not working for me . This is my command line
./rx.py --args 'rtl' -N 'LNA:65' -S 20000 -x 2 -f 770.831e6 -o 17e3 -q 0 -T trunk.tsv -V -2 -U 2> stderr-stream0.2

boatbod

Sample rate is too low. Change it to "-S 1000000"
Turn on logging. Add "-v 1" then look see if there is anything useful in the file stderr-stream0.2

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Sample rate is too low. Change it to "-S 1000000"
Turn on logging. Add "-v 1" then look see if there is anything useful in the file stderr-stream0.2
So I changed the -v i am not getting any audio I do not know how to turn on logging
./rx.py --args 'rtl' -N 'LNA:60' -S 100000 -x 2 -f 770.831e6 -o 17e3 -q 0 -T trunk.tsv -v -1 -U 2> stderr-stream0.2

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-21 110100.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-21 110100.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2023-02-21 110335.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-21 110335.png
    66 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2023-02-21 111858.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-21 111858.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 15

boatbod

It looks like there are two typos in your command line.
"-v -1" (should be 1, not -1)
"-S 100000" (requires one more zero for 1Mhz sample rate)

Looking at the screen shots of your trunk.tsv it seems you have configured a trunk tags file but not a whitelist? Can't see if you have a blacklist because the screenshot isn't quite wide enough.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY

Looking at the screen shots of your trunk.tsv it seems you have configured a trunk tags file but not a whitelist? Can't see if you have a blacklist because the screenshot isn't quite wide enough.

I do not have a white list created yet. I don't know how to do that or understand how to create one. Yes I created the tags. I will fix the command line. Thank you for ll your help I really appreciate that you are taking the time out of your day to help me.

boatbod

I do not have a white list created yet. I don't know how to do that or understand how to create one. Yes I created the tags. I will fix the command line. Thank you for ll your help I really appreciate that you are taking the time out of your day to help me.
If you've just got a single tgid that you want whitelisted, the easiest way to make that file is with this, substituting the actual numeric tgid where you see <tgid> below:
Code:
cd ~/op25/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps
echo "<tgid>" > mylist.wlist
That will create a very simple file mylist.wlist which you can then name in your trunk.tsv

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
If you've just got a single tgid that you want whitelisted, the easiest way to make that file is with this, substituting the actual numeric tgid where you see <tgid> below:
Code:
cd ~/op25/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps
echo "<tgid>" > mylist.wlist
That will create a very simple file mylist.wlist which you can then name in your trunk.tsv
So I did the steps and the command line tried to start again but failed. I've taken some screen shot for you again because I did something wrong and now its giving me weird errors.
./rx.py --args 'rtl' -N 'LNA:47' -S 2500000 -x 2 -f 771.680e6 -o 17e3 -q 0 -T blackmt.tsv -V -2 -U 2> stderr-stream0.2

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-24 091346.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-24 091346.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.png
    2.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 3.png
    3.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.png
    4.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 5.png
    5.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 9

Night_Watchman

Premium Subscriber
So I did the steps and the command line tried to start again but failed. I've taken some screen shot for you again because I did something wrong and now its giving me weird errors.
./rx.py --args 'rtl' -N 'LNA:47' -S 2500000 -x 2 -f 771.680e6 -o 17e3 -q 0 -T blackmt.tsv -V -2 -U 2> stderr-stream0.2
In your third image showing your trunk.tsv file, under NAC, the first character should be a zero not the letter o.

CanesFan95

This might be a side note, but your LNA gain setting of 47 is very very high. I believe 49 is the max which would mean your earlier values of 65 and 60 would be out of spec. Try something more moderate like 28. Too high of a gain setting may cause bleedover from other frequencies that can mess up the decode.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
This might be a side note, but your LNA gain setting of 47 is very very high. I believe 49 is the max which would mean your earlier values of 65 and 60 would be out of spec. Try something more moderate like 28. Too high of a gain setting may cause bleedover from other frequencies that can mess up the decode.
okay im going to clear the terminal window memory so I don't have any command lines left before and fix my errors