Opd Scanner Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilsimon04

hey everyone i have been listening to my radioshack pro-528 scanner listening to the owensboro police dept. and all the sudden i dont hear them at all anymore for some reason, and i know i dont have the channels blocked or anything i dunno what happened, and i talked 2 my friend thats a cop and he said their freq didnt change or anything.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Are you able to monitor other freqs? Go to the WX band and see if you can hear them talking... Make sure you haven't attenuated the freqs... if you have WIN97 download what is in the scanner to the program and look at everything on the screen to make sure it is good-to-go....

collier

sound_efex

I had a similar problem a while back. The local agency changed PL tones. Try removing tone data. I only use PL's when interference is an issue.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Didn't think of that.... Powell County did that recently, drove me up a tree.... If they have changed PLs submit the new info so we can make the change in the DB....
thanx

Last edited:

kd4bas

Monitoring, Hanging Out, & --mn-@v@-mn-- you.
Premium Subscriber
unitcharlie,
Owensboro Police Department uses an EDACS system, I have never picked up any type of tone when in Owensboro or monitoring thier system. Am I doing something wrong with my Pro 96.

I have not been in the Owensbor area for almost a month, and the system worked fine then. (wish I had my outside antenna back up at 70 feet)

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Possibly rebanded???

Try searching 851-853 and see if you hear them there.

If so, you'll need to figure out the new frequencies and re-evaluate the LCN order.

Last edited:

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
WPGU296 has not reconfigured..... nothing new in ULS yet (as soon as I see something pop up in ULS I'll post it here or in the unidentified freqs sticky so we can get to work on it as soon as possible)... still trying to find out which freqs lilsimon is talking about, he has asked the same question before, but needs to provide a little more information so we can help him.... from his previous posts it seems to be questions about an EDACS TRS using a Pro-528...

Status
Not open for further replies.