OPD South Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to my 396XT quite a bit over the last few months and have noticed a total LACK of OPD South Info.

Has South Info been disbanded? North Info is quite busy, so I was thinking that the split between North and South was abolished and all "Info" related traffic is now on North Info.

Anyone know any inside details?

73s

SCPD

QRT
North and South info are patch together. The uniden scanner only hears traffic on the 'primary' side of the patch. The channel that the dispatcher selects first for the patch is the channel the uniden scanner will put the audio out on.
A dispatcher selects NE dispatch first then selects NW dispatch for a patch. You will only hear audio on NE dispatch. You have to manually go to NE dispatch to hear the patch. I can get frustrating during a good pursuit and another dispatcher puts the patch up.
This also happens on crime, help and regular broadcasts.
The uniden scanners do not handle P25 patches properly.
On pro96com you will see the patch as this 602 South Info-->601 North Info. Which ever talkgroup is on the right hand side of a patch is the talkgroup you will hear the audio on with an Uniden scanner.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I noted the patched in the database. It is permanent until OPD get more people to work the info channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.