Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
Open carrier on Med-10 for over a week now 462.9750 with a PL of 146.2. I'm posting this here cause I live in Bergen County, however it could be originating from NY or CT. A check of the database shows no user with that PL.

Any Ideas?

I'm not sure what RWJ/Barnabas uses for Hudson County coverage anymore, but the old infrastructure I put in circa 1986 had MED 9 and 10 duplex base stations (they were NOT repeaters, but could repeat through the console with a "Mixer On" button) at Bayonne Hospital, the former Jersey City Medical Center Surgical Building (the building in the middle), and the West New York Town Hall. They all used 146.2 Hz CTCSS. I doubt these base stations are still used because they were MASTR IIs, and are not narrowband compliant. Land mobile radio tends to have a lot of infrastructure abandoned in place, though. A (lots of) spare time project for some interested person might be taking a scanner or hand-held with no antenna on it and driving past those places. If it's that, it should come through your radio when you're very close by. These base stations were tone remotes, so they should not key unless there is a keying sequence. I believe I also required 3 minute timer cards in each of them... if that's what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.